1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Electri Glide Shocks

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Jul 17, 2008.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Thinking about putting Electri Glide rear air suspension on my 2008 FLHX. Don't know if it will work but would be nice to have a little more travel. Any info would be appreciated.

Kevin
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

What would be the difference in the shocks on yours and the Electra Glide shocks?Don't the FLHX have air shocks too?? If the EGlide shocks are longer,then your bike would be higher in the rear than the front,then you would need to raise the front by the same ammount. Seems like it would be a lot of work to raise the bike a 1/2"or so.
    Check the air pressure in your shocks if you are bottoming out, I'm pretty sure all the FLH models have air shocks.:devil:
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

The FLHX street glide shocks are about 1/2 shorter from what I'am told & the front are the same , so I would say yes they will interchange . but on a side note if you buy used be carefull as the air shocks have oil in them & a lot of people lay them down & the oil will leak out & you have junk shocks
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

It does have air shocks on the SG they are just shorter.

It would give you 1/2 more height on the rear, and you'd need to raise the front.

If you want to change a good set of progressive non air shocks might help.