1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

email

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Mar 6, 2014.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I got a email this morning from my sister-in-law ,My brother whos a die hard EVO rider when to help my bro-in-law get some parts for his EVO & left with a 2012 classic with only 4k miles at 64 he had a smile like a 16 year old who just returned from first time being with a girl LOl oh he kept his 98 ultra classic , he picked it up yesterday & just rode it home says the 103 sure is pepe over the 80in I don't have any pics yet but he says it's candy apple red with Jones mufflers & sounds good to him
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

He will enjoy it, that 103 even stock ain't to bad.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

The new bikes are a massive upgrade over an older evo.
    Not even in the same class...
  4. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Got a 2012 Ultra, not happy with the 17" tire and the extra extension on the front end. They did beef the front end up on the 2014 Electraglides. As quoted from the HD web site:

"New Steering Head and Front Forks
    Whether it’s a big sweeping curve or a set of tight turns, getting through the corners just got better. We stiffened up the front end, increased the fork diameter to 49mm and added new steel ball bearings, with lubricant contained inside to keep contaminants out for durability. The responsiveness is dialed in"

And they did that because there are issues on the 2012's front end and probably the 2013's too..
  5. cowboy

My sister-in-law said they looked to the 14 models & nether of them liked them at all , & if he don't like the way it handles he'll look into a few things if they don't work he'll just sell it & ride the 98 EVO , he's riden it all over the U.S & up into Canada many times
  6. FLHTbiker

Wonder if the 2012 SE bikers are the same as the 2012 standard Ultra.
  7. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Texas between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls
    I feel certain if Indian had a more robust dealer network people would be going to them a lot more. It really sounds like they handle much better than what we've been used to on larger bikes. So Harley had better start addressing that issue. I'm not sure why but my 1985 Electra Glide handled much much better than this 07 EGU. Guess they just figure big bikes aren't supposed to handle well and people would accept it. 09 supposedly addressed it but here they are with problems again in later years. No getting around it, competition is going to be a good thing!
  8. FLHTbiker

I'm not a fan of the big fat tires on the new touring bikes.
  9. m1a5h50

m1a5h50 Active Member

hey i went to buy a gallon of oil in march 12 came out with a new flhtc birch white midnite pearl 103. had a 02 flhtc. dealer gave me almost half the orgin cost on the old 1. the new frames r soooo much better handles better. i did put progessive mon shocks in the front forks, the ride is un real i can ride and throw this thing around like sport bike also got a hd hammock sit 2 tanker can ride 2 tanks before i gotta get off to stretch. also those indians sure do look nice they motor sounds gr8 like the orgin look of 3 cams 4 pushrod tubes
  10. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I looked at and rode them extensively last year when the 2014's first started coming in.. the Ultra anyways. First thing I noticed was the wad of wire harness sitting on top of the rear fender right behind the passenger seat, just right out there in a big open space. The saddle bag and tour pac latches are cool. Not sure about the big fairing vent that you can open or close. Nothing of 2013 on back will retro fit on the 2014. All acessories are a work in progress or they were at the time I was looking at them.
  11. FLHTbiker

Yea never want to buy the first model out.
  12. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

There are about 12 2014 Ultras in my club now. Many of them have been back to the dealer more than 3x. If I were inclined and able to buy I'd wait for 2015 models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  13. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

My friend an I who normally ride a 09 FLHTCU and a 10 FLTP rented '14 Streetglides last week in Vegas. We had no complaints on the new bikes. An improvement in hp is noticeable, handlebar controls are nicer as are the saddlebag latches. USB port for phone,i-pod hook-up to the radio is also a nice feature. The bike also had fill in pieces between the bags and rear fender, which i don't think was stock on previous years.
  14. cowboy

I guess the 12 he got must be good ,he's tried a few other Bikes & never cared for them & just rode his 98 , I've riden his 98 a couple of time's & can't say I riden a better handling E Glide
  15. FLHTbiker

Got a couple of friends who bought the 14 Street Glides and they like em very much.
  16. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

The people in the club that have the 12 or so '14's still love them despite the recalls. Next week I'll be riding a rented '14 street glide. I expect that I will like it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  17. hotroadking

The 09 and up have the new suspension and frame, the fat tire is good, more rubber on the road and it's just the right size for cornering, bike nails the turns so much better, Buddy has an 07 Ultra and said he's into the floorboard following me and I"m not even leaned all the way over...

Nothing wrong with a 98 but the new ones are way better, smoother.
  18. cowboy

I haven
    t talked to him since he got the 12 , so not sure if he's had time or decent weather to go for a good ride & see what he thinks , But if it will take a good corner he'll like it
  19. hotroadking

Yeah they are a tad taller and the new tires stick, no more of the frame flex and wobble like the evo and early tc models...