1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

EuroStyle Antenna

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by RDean, Feb 21, 2008.

1. RDean

RDean New Member

Has anyone had any experience with the short Euro style antenna's. Thinkin about replacing my long stock whips on my 07 ultra classic. The stock ones bang around on everything and get caught in the garage door if not careful.
    Thanks
    RDean
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have a small rubber one, about 12 inches long, mounted between my bags down low. works pretty good. you dont want to change your cb antenna as it has to be a certian length.....but if ya go to a cb shop....where the truckers go...they can set you up with a shorter antenna that will work well with the cb........:)

it is to the left of my pow flag.....

Attached Files:

3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

my antenna had the whipping action tapping me in the back of the head, so I cut it down to I think it was 28-30 inch as that was to be the minimum before reception deteriorates but then it was tapping my better half in the head so I cut it down more and lost alot of reception, but figured I would get a billet one some day anyway, and besides I don't listen to it that much.
  4. rickster

rickster New Member

I didn't like the annoying long antennas either, after my wifes co-worker told me about his I checked J&M. Their 1' antennas are designed specifically for the harley cb radio cable/load system. Same antenna style for the radio. They have trunk or rail mount. Cost is $39.99 ea. I love mine, great radio reception but have not used the cb yet. Welcome to J&M Corporation 1-800-358-0881
    Hope this helps.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

i have the short black as well , mine is mounted on the left at the lowest bag rail mount & sounds good
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

i think the JMC had a booth at the lone star rallie last Nov , I have a card from the dealer that was there , just to remember where I put it :rolleyes:
  7. Cracker

Cracker New Member

Autozone pilot antenna

See attached photo...pilot antenna from autozone $9.99.
    This is what I have on my EG, works good for me :)

Attached Files: