1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Excellent Cleaner

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by tjandt3, Apr 22, 2008.

1. tjandt3

tjandt3 New Member

Here is something that I found that works very well on the wheels and break dust. It is called LA's Totally Awesome. It is sold at the dollar tree chain of stores. With elbow grease it will even clean alittle rust and also will clean the heal of the wifes boot off the pipe. I am not sure if anyone else hs something better, but for the price I doubt it.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thanks for that.................:)
  3. DaveFxst

DaveFxst New Member

Cleaners

While we're on the subject, what is the best way to get grease and road grime off powdered aluminum HD engine cases? Standard wash products don't help much on tar. Been told carb cleaner or degreasers will damage the finish. Any thoughts?
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I've had no problem using degreasers on my cases. Just use any of the bazillion detailing products after cleaning. I could pass names, but most (including Harley's line) work pretty much the same.
  5. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Been Useing The Stuff For Years, Actually You Can Spray The Hole Bike Down, Let It Sit For About 5 Min. Then Hose Off, Cleans Everything No Scrubbing, Works Real Good For That Crank Case Breather Mess, 100% Satisfied With The Stuff And Highly Recomend It, And Can't Beat The Price.
  6. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

Anywhere it can be found in New York?
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

8. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

Thanks Chuck. Guys, which Totally Awesome product are you using, there's 4 or 5 different types.
  9. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

It's In A Clear Bottle With Red Writing The Fluid Is Yellow, It's The All Purpose Concentrated Cleaner, Degreaser Spot Remover. Try A Few Dollar Stores, I Think I Get Mine From Dollar Tree But I Think They All Prettey Much Carry It. Worth Your Dollar To Find, Not Only Is It Good For The Bike But Everything, Takes Ink Off The Carpet In Seconds.
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

sporsterboy try writing on paper next time :roflmao:
  11. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I SHOULD JOIN THE ADVERTIZING TEAM:roflmao: I'VE GONE GREEN, SAVE THE PLANET,(TREE'S) WRITE ON CARPET:roflmao:
  12. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

I have used it as a house hold cleaner but haven't tried it on the bike. One thing I did the other day was drive through some chip seal in my truck and got tar all over everything, I thought they were supposed to give you some warning about that but it was just a small area of roadway, my bad luck. Bug and tar remover was a joke. I got it all off using mineral spirits. Just do a small area and remove the tar and then use soap and water to wash the surface off asap. I don't think mineral spirits would dull clear coat but best to be on the safe side. AL
  13. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

Works Great For Tar And Bug Gut's Too. Never Dull Works Off Tar Pretty Good Also.
  14. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Hydrogen Peroxide it the best bug remover I have used period. It attacks the protein in the bugs. I use mine in a spray bottle and spray, let it set a few seconds and it usually wipes the bugs right off, and best of all, it is cheap, cheap, cheap. AL
  15. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

HAVE TO TRY THAT, BUT CHEAPER THAN 99 CENTS TO CLEAN EVERYTHING:roflmao:
  16. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

Hydrogen Peroxide? Man, that's cool, gotta try some. Even on the Carbs?
  17. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

The Hydrogen Peroxide is strictly for bugs. I'm going to try some totally awesome on the rest of the things. I'm not real impressed with any of the so called mag and wheel cleaners I've tried and I've tried about all of them.
    Being careful not to get it on any plastic parts I some times use carb cleaner like Berrymans or even the cheap stuff from Wally Mart on the carb.
    On the subject of carbs, do they make an S&S carb for a Sporty? They may not be the best performance carb out there but they are easy to dial in and easy to rebuild with not very many replacement parts required and in my opinion they run great. Al
  18. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

S&s Thunderjet Super "e" About 650.00
  19. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

don't know if it was mentioned before but picked up this stuff called wizards bike wash gona try it when i get home will let yall know