1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Exhaust pictures and missing post

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by NeilP, Dec 4, 2009.

1. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Now I am sure I posted here asking if someone could identify the slip ons I had, and what they were originally from.
    Now I can't seem to find the post.

In that post, someone suggested I should look for the part number, but I was away from home and could not.

Now I cant even find the post, even looking back through all my previous posts, but I do have the part numbers, but they do not come up on any SE or HD parts lists as they are obviously too old.

Here are the part numbers
    80010 - 97R
    80010 - 97F
    They are Screaming Eagle Slip ons, with single mounting point tags.

Here is the pic again
    [​IMG]

Any one either recall the post I am referring to, or know somewhere that gives a bit more info from these part numbers

Cheers

Neil
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

neil you did post it before , you still have some brains left :rolleyes: it must have been deleted with a spammer , I to have found it hard to find some PT#'s on the HD site if I remember right from your #'s the 97F is front & 1997 model pipes the F& R is front & rear
  3. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Ah that is good to hear, thought the brain was in need of a rebore.
    After looking at the pipes, and various other part nos, I figured that the F & R probably indicated front and rear and the -97 seemed to indicate 1997, but even using obsolete part number searches came up blank with the rest of the P/N.

Would be nice to know (but irrelevant) as to what these pipes originally came from.

Have had a hard day doing what you would imagine would be easy work. Laying 2ft by 6 ft tongue and groove chipboard flooring in my fathers house attic. Crawling around on 2inch wide rafters really does the knees in...oh and re laying the fibre glass insulation under the boards....inching like hell now...and the knees...oh i am getting old.....
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009