1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Exhaust

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Apr 7, 2013.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I am really torn on what to do with my exhaust. I have gone round and round but have been unable to really come up with a good solution as to which one I should choose. For now, I have decided that I am going to stick with my V&H but am thinking that I will need to change it. Here is what I am looking at. the reason why I am looking at these is because of the 1.750" header pipe. I may need to pick up the velocity a bit...

http://dragosbikeworks.com/Drago's-S-C-S-True-Duals.html
  2. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

1.750 is the way to go homie ! torque torque torque!!!!! he has some nice stuff
  3. JohnnyBiker

the only thing that I do not like about this exhaust is that the pipe is routed under the bike. Not sure I like that look. It looks like that pipe is 1.750 all the way back except for the muffler..
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Pro Pipe HS in Black, great performer, looks good, sounds even better
    it's loud but not "damn after 3 days on the road my ears hurt huhwhadjasay loud'

[​IMG]
  5. JohnnyBiker

I was reading further in the description for the Drago's pipes and he says that they are spiral cut for a turbine effect. :wtf: Can anyone shed light on how one may go about doing this? What, would one run a twist drill through the pipe to accomplish this in small sections then weld the pieces?
  6. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

That would be a good question to ask Drago.....I'd also ask them,"What's the benefit"?....JB, IMO unless you're going with a 2 into1,the head pipes you have now with a good set of slip ons should fill your exhaust needs...
  7. Sir Rat

Sir Rat Active Member

They probably do it before they bend the pipe. I guess the theory is to get the exhaust gasses spinning to better scavange the pipe. $485 is for the pipes...how much for the muflers? The ceramic coated pipes are cooler running than regular pipes... I definetly felt the temperature go down when I put them (Rush true duals) my "90 Ultra Glide.

Aloha....Mike
  8. jammerj

jammerj Member

Just my $.02 but I think the spiral cut is referring to the baffles, kinda like rifling a barrel, the idea is to get the gasses spinning like a vortex or something. It's usually done on multi-cylinder headers (4 or more cyl.) with the firing order of the cylinders, to help scavenging.
  9. hotroadking

Well if you ask the guy making the part he's not going to say "well it's a great marketing idea, we did it so we could say it works and we don't have a $5 million research facility to prove it but look at the dyno charts" LOL
  10. lwedwards

lwedwards Active Member

11. Lucifer

Of course they won't ....just like those turbulators they sell for carbs to increase turbulence in the intake so you can decrease atomization and performance lol....I'd ask them if they have any science/ physics to back their claim, listen for a minute then buy a Supermeg or Pro pipe .....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
  12. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

13. JohnnyBiker

I left him a message on HTT late yesterday so I am sure that I will hear back soon. I just don't remember reading about his "turbine claim.":rolleyes: I have heard good things about the pro pipe but there is only one person that I know that has one and that is Red Rider. I didn't happen to see a ghost pipe available for the pro pipe either so that is most likely out of the question.

Thanks dude, I guess I wasn't overly impressed but there was something that that pipe has over the Drago that I liked. That was I liked how they brought the rear cylinder pipe over the primary just like I have now, I can maintain the same look. :cool: What differences did you notice from the pipe that you had to these?
  14. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I have one of these on my built 103 it sounds good and isn't to loud, has a real growl to it, like it will eat you alive... :D
  15. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I hear they produce great power to.
  16. hotroadking

Had one on my 09 RG, fit was perfect ran great, with tune it would pull front wheel with just a set of cams...

Buddy has one on his 10 same black pipe, they sound great, deep tone, good power
    No falsee but really the falsee just adds weight and expense, if you want two pipes
    get a set of true duals.
  17. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

I don't believe the true duels produce power as the 2-1-2 setup. As long as there is no cataclizmik converter
  18. Lucifer

lol...:cheers:

JB...What have you got for head pipes now??...If you're not going wit a 2 inna 1,just get a good set of slip ons....Stock head pipe or true duals...not a lot of difference...Form over function...2 inna 1 if ya want function:rocket_bike::cheers::drunk:
  19. hotroadking

Have to get my buddies 106 we built last year, Kirby did the heads, SNS 585 cams, Kuryakyn 57mm TB, filter and TTS Mastertune by Doc in Clermont. Runs true duals V&H headers into supertrapps on both sides, smooth HP and tq curve,
  20. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:just get a thunder header and put a real pipe on the bike ! and they have a falsee for ya! if not to loud for ya:roflmao: