1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Factory paint queston

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, Mar 3, 2009.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Does anyone know if the paint the factoryuses need's a special reduser or not ? sense my is a cop bike & I'am putting A tour pack on I want to match the cop white
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

what color????? birch white????
  3. cowboy

Chuck not sure what they call it , I call it cop white stock 03 E glide cop model, I called goe's HD yesterday & they said $69.95 a QT ready to go , no mixing , just paint & clear coat
    Ok I just double checked & yes birch white is the right answer
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  4. chucktx

i have some birch white....... ppg per hd part#.......the ready to spray paint is almost a one time use as when exposed to air it activates and becomes unusable after a while. but for one time use it is good. post us a how to!!!!!!!!:)
  5. cowboy

I'll get my son to do that as he's the one doing all the work on the T pack , I talked to him today & he say's it's ready for the primer coat , T pack got a small bit of damage in shipping & he has it all fixed already , I know he took some pic's via cell phone I'll get him to email thme to me & try to post them , & I took some before pic's with the wifes dig camara but don't tell her :D
  6. chucktx

ok!!!! it will be a secret between just you and me......no one else needs to know!!!!!!! lol lol lol
  7. cowboy

:D chuck thanks for the paint codes , i sent them over to my son & forgot to send you this Thank's
  8. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Another shade of white they use on cop bikes is called "cream puff":roflmao: which I think is kind of a funny name for the white on a cop bike. Like mine is ...mostly black with a lil cream puff on it:roflmao: :devil:
  9. chucktx

i havent seen the "cream puff" codes for harleys.......
  10. Lucifer

I can't remember where I saw that color either,if it was in one of my books or flipping thru cop bikes on Ebay, but I remember reading it. If I find it again I'll post the number for it,unless it was someones self description of the color on Flea Bay.
  11. Lucifer

Sorry...my mistake. Musta been someones description of the color.
    Found this on the net for Harley's Police colors

Harley Davidson Police, Fleet and Firefighter Motorcycles

* Police Officer motorcycles and Peace Officer Special Editions
    * Fire/Rescue motorcycles and Firefighter Special Editions

Harley Davidson has continuously nurtured a relationship with police departments and law enforcement agencies aroung the world. Technology is innovative and offers optional Anti-lock Brake System on select models.

Police Law Enforcement Motorcycle Models include: The Harley Davidson Electra Glide, Road King and the XL883

Peace Officer Special Editions Models include: Heritage Softail Classic, Fat Boy, Road King, and the Ultra Classic Electra Glide. These Harley Davidson bikes and more can be found in our related sites.

Colors: The Police Color Palatte that Harley Davidson offers, includes:

* Glacier White Pearl
    * Sierra Red
    * Mystic Green
    * Brown Metallic
    * Impact Blue
    * Arctic White
    * Luxury Blue
    * Brilliant Silver
    * Champagne Pearl
    * Light Pearl
    * Medium Blue
    * Light Peace Officer Blue
    * Dark Police Officer Blue
    * Black/White (Houston)
    * Black/White (CA Hwy Patrol)

[Note: Harley Davidson offers Police Motorcycle Training through a Technical Training School]
  12. chucktx

cowboy, my code list said nothing about police bikes.....might check with the dealer.......
  13. cowboy

Thank's lucifer & chuck I'll call stubbs today & see if they have A good code for my 03
  14. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was 10-49D Creme Filled Pastry
  15. chucktx

lmao!!!!!!!!!
  16. cowboy

:roflmao: HRK
    ok called stubbs HD in houston & the parts guy sounded like he was running for office , could not give me a stright answer :rant: how darn hard is it to say birch white insted he goes into this crap on how paint like PPG is not the same & he named a few other's about 4-5 min of crap before I just hung up on him:angry:
  17. chucktx

i was checking on some paint from a dealer today. nearly 100 bucks, plus the hardner, plus no idea when it would be available......went ppg........
  18. Lucifer

Good one HRK:roflmao:

cowboy you know the only paint that'll cover your HD IS Genuine Harley Davidson paint:rolleyes:

can't you get a color match....where you take a picture of the paint take it in and they scan it and gives the paint guy the paint codes to mix the exact color, my bud did that a couple of times with an older car he was fixing and blending in, the correct paint number would stand out because it wouldn't be faded like the rest of the car was. he got it done at a body shop he used to work for and it blended in perfectly. Just a thought....:devil:
  19. chucktx

sometimes that works, other times is wont. different cameras have different resolutions of colors. the best way is to take the vehicle to them. repainting is the absolute way that it all matches!!!!!! lol lol
  20. cowboy

I was wondering why the paint would'nt stick it was not from HD :roflmao: My bike is all birch white & the bags are Black & white I was thinking about doing the Tour pack the same way , the look thing, but have now decided to just paint the T pack V Black