1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fall bike week at Myrtle Beach

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by GreyBear, Aug 24, 2006.

1. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Is anyone headed to MB and the Fall bike fling? I go every year since it is a great rally and the locals like to see you instead of jacking the prices up (except the motels of course). If so was wanting to see if maybe some of us could hook up and have a cold one at the least. Hope to see some of ya there.
    Ride Free.......
  2. Harleywyld1

Harleywyld1 New Member

Bike Week

Hey GreyBear
    I'm going down with some friends that went to the Roost with over labor day. We are staying in Garden City. Dont know how familar you are with the area but that is right before you get into Murrells Inlet where a lot of the rally stuff is happening. We are going down on Friday and coming home Sunday. We will be doing the usual stops at SBB, Iron Gate, and the MB Harley Shop on 17. It would be nice to meet someone from the group. I don't know how we could arrange it so if you have an idea just holler it out. I am pretty familar with the area as I go about 25 times a year for the fishing and riding.
    Harleywyld1
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Wish I could , busy as a beaver in a whorehouse, (other kinda beaver ;) )

The board has a Private Message Feature if you don't already know, you can click on the users name and send a PM, exchange phone numbers and other information you might not care to post in public.

Just FYI
  4. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

What are the dates on it this year?
  5. Harleywyld1

Harleywyld1 New Member

MB Rally Dates

Rally dates are Oct. 4th thru 8th. In my humble opinion the fall rally is twice the fun as spring. The weather is more predictable and less people and trailers. Gives you more of a chance to actually ride and then when you do stop your not having to stand in line just to get something to eat or a frosty beverage.

Cowards wont follow and the weak will die along the way.
  6. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Howdy ya'all

Hey there just got back from a ride out to AR and MO. Went to visit some cousins and my niece and her new husband...he's OK has a Sporty and we did some riding and fishing. Me and the redhead are leaving Tuesday for Myrtle Beach. We will be at Suck,Bang and Blow Thursday night at least. Just look for the bald guy older than dirt.........

As an aside, we always have stayed at Myrtle Beach State park before. They have a few cabins, it's quiet and peaceful when you wanna get away from the crowds and kick back. This year they jacked the prices up for that week PLUS made it instead of renting a week you have to rent from Monday to Sunday...period. Doesn't matter anymore that you are gonna stay a whole week...they wanted us to pay for two weeks because we would get in on Tuesday and was leaving the following Tuesday...so F 'em. I be ****ed if I was gonna spend **** near $1400.00 for 8 days.I have written the parks and tourist people and the govenors office....but sheesh....anyway hope to see some of ya there.
  7. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Back from Myrtle Beach

Well didn't catch up with anyone there from the board...hate that but with that many people.....we had a blast. Mrs Bear ended her quest for a pink helmet....with skulls, lol. Since she is an OR nurse and does mostly orthopedics she just had to have a pink bone lid. Saw a few folks I knew from New Orleans and rode a lot around plus of course did some beach and ocean time. All in all it was a good trip. The weather was beautiful up til Friday wne it turned cold. Was riding in a Tshirt up til then even at night....Fiday night and Saturday it was break out the leathers....but still good. Rain set in and we rode back most of the way in liquid sunshine......but even with that it was a great week. And since Mrs Bear had vacation we could go together making it even better
    We don't get to do a lot of that with her job so it makes it even more a special time.....
    Ride Free.......
  8. gator

gator New Member

Carolina, "The Olde North State" "I ride with Fo
    I made a field trip for the day to Myrtle on Thursday 05,06. 500+/- miles on the shovel, the OL was riding her King. The weather was great for the trip down and back. I took a few pic., hope everyone had a good time. I seen a guy pull out in front of a car and get knocked down, that is not unusual down there, to many driveways into the main drag...I like the fall rally better because most people there have got the foaming at the mouth attitude out of their system by that time of the year. Its somewhat safer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  9. gator

gator New Member

Few more pic of Myrtle Beach Fall Rally 06

something to look at..

Attached Files:

10. gator

gator New Member

one or two more

Myrtle Beach Fall Rally Pics, 06

Attached Files:

11. Harleywyld1

Harleywyld1 New Member

Fall Rally

Had a great time. We rode down on Friday morning, missed the rain. It was 91 degrees when we rode thru Conway at 12:30, dropped our stuff off at the trailer in Garden City and hit the road with t-shirts on for the guys and halter tops for the ladies. Came out of Murphy's Law at 4:30 and it was about 20 degrees cooler. By the time we got to Suck Bang Blow it was about 58 degrees. Everyone was buying long sleeves and sweaters. I made it back to the trailer and got my leathers before going out to Studebakers that night.
    Had to put a new front tire on Saturday as I ran over something. Let me give a Shout out to the guys and girls at B&M Custom Cycles in MB. They worked me in and put new Dunlop on front for $160. Real professional team and HD certified mechanics. This is not the MB HD shop as I have had dealings with them in the past and they probably rank in the top two as far as arrogant.
    All in all we had a great time and made it home without hitting the rain (a miracle considering we left at 9:30am and we got a call at 12:00 and they said it was raining so hard in MB you couldn't see.)
    I like the fall rally so much better, Less people, less attitudes, and the boys in blue were pretty cool. I actually had the lady baggin groceries at Kroger say she appreciated us coming down.
  12. scooter

scooter New Member

Well, I think maybe y'all might see me down there next year...should be a good haul from Ohio, but I plan on being acclimated to the area and conditions by then.

scoot
  13. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

B&m

Ben, Phil and the guys and gals at B & M are some of the nicest people around. Helpful, knowledgable and great service. I do a lot of business with them. I got in Monday night and had the Dyna there Tuesday morning. Cut me a great deal on the pipes air cleaner and power commander I wanted. Was a (early) birthday present from Mrs Bear and they had me back on the road in a couple of hours. Wow what a difference that makes. Now it sounds like a Harley should and runs like a scalded ape....we cut out Sat around noon. By that time the weekend crazies were out. Funny how you give a rub a 30K custom and he is Sonny Barger, Atilla the Hun and Ghengis Khan all rolled in one cool package complete with $200.00 sun glasses and 15K boob job trophy wife......god I hate it when they call ya "bro".....lmao

Next year we need to figure a way to get together....

Ride Free........
  14. scooter

scooter New Member

DOH!!!...Once again, GreyBear, you hit the nail on the head.....:D :D
  15. Harleywyld1

Harleywyld1 New Member

RUB's

You hit it Greybear.
    I guess they don't realize if you weren't born with the attitude or earned it you can't buy it. But they sure are funny to watch. God Bless em.
    I like the idea of all of us meeting up next year. A friend that lives there turned me on to a new place (to me) just past Murrells Inlet. The place is called Boondocks. It's a small marina on the intercoastal waterway and it has a restaraunt and outside decks. Great place to sit and sip a cold one and watch the boats travel the waterway. The place has a mix of people but mostly fish heads and local bikers. The cool part was, docked beside us was a $5 million yatch (we talked to the owners, nice folks) and then a 14' john boat pulls in beside it and a couple of guys get off who had been spot tail fishing all day. Nice place off the regular path.
  16. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Got a friend who plays in local coffee shops, etc, put out 3 CD's and one tune is called "Attitude." In the tune there is a line that goes like this.... "You can buy the toys, but you can't buy the attitude". His name is Trip Rogers and he plays mostly in NC, some SC locations as well. Peace, Michael:)