1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fall Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 19, 2013.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Our HOG chapter does a mid week ride every month and today we rode up the Clackamas River. Man the fall colors are starting to come out. Weather was 65 and rain came down the night before but still a beautiful day out yesterday for a nice ride. We stopped in Estacada on the way back for great food. A Blt on homemade sourdough bread that was fantastic and the bacon was thick cut, great lunch. We rode back through a town called Colton and then I finally turned right up ol Beavercreek Rd and worked my way back home. Fun day.

image.jpg
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice looking picture, 65 degrees sounds good.
  3. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Beautiful country...Had a friend that use to jet boat that river and a few others around there...Moved to Lewiston and spends his time on the Snake and Salmon rivers water flow permitting...
  4. FLHTbiker

Those are two very beautiful areas in Idaho. Rode up the Salmon on way to Sturgis this year.
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

You truly live in Gods country.
  6. FLHTbiker

Fishing is pretty dang good to. :)
  7. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah I know that too! Closest I ever got to your area was working in Downtown Portland (yech) And fished the Clarkfork River west of Missoula off I90 while working on bridges on I90.
  8. FLHTbiker

Cities are all alike over crowed, stink and full over weird people.
    Missoula is a nice town and has a good HD dealer.
  9. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Very nice. Looks similar to up here in the Northeast. The worst that comes of it is the flocks of Masshole leaf peepers that clog the roads.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  10. FLHTbiker

Here is a place that those idiot city people never go to. It's a contributory of the Clackamas River. You have to hike in.

image.jpg
  11. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Man, I got to get back out that way and do some landscape paintings before I get too old. It looks like wherever you point the camera it can't miss the great scenery.

I'd probably go off the high side rubbernecking too much LOL.
  12. FLHTbiker

It's hard at times with all the scenery. Sometimes we ride past many great view points and I sometimes think what a shame.
  13. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Just beautiful!
  14. FLHTbiker

This spot is one of my favorite spots when riding by. That old log has been laying across the Clackamas river there for as long I can remember. Plus its only like 30 minutes from the house. One of my favorite rides for an afternoon or ride up over the top with a fantastic view of MT Jefferson and into Deteoit lake for our favorite ice cream shop.
    image.jpg
  15. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Nice place . . . I remember a lot of nice spots in Santa Barbara when we lived there and brought a lot of pictures with us so we wouldn't forget how beautiful it is. But the farther north one goes up the coast, the grander the scenery.
  16. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

We are really lucky our folks landed in OREGON it never stops ,I can't rember the last time I said ,that was a shitty ride,it just keeps on keeping on. Come visit guys!
  17. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

The northwest is lovely. Almost moved the the Willamet Valley(Phoenix/Talent/Roseburg) instead of here but wife said it was to far from her family and she was tired of moving every 3-4 years. I thought being far from her family would have been a selling point...
  18. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Texas between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls
    That is the one thing I liked about the nation wide 55 mph limit. You could see the country and not get run over. Guess I'm getting old because I do see the benefit in lower speed limits. 75 and 80 you miss everything.
  19. FLHTbiker

This road you better not ride fast on as its barley a two lane road and many times we ride single file on it. Average speed on it is probably 30MPH
  20. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Had my 65* day today. Rained all day Saturday, but cleared out perfect today. Blue, blue skies and upper 60s. Rode up Hwy 209 (The Rattler) to Trust NC... then back down Hwy 63 to Asheville. Absolute perfect day... not a long ride, went after church... about 3 hours or so. IMG_20130922_153220_430[1].jpg Softail at Trust 9-13.jpg Trust General Store 9-13.jpg