1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fast Cheap GREAT soup

Discussion in 'Roadkill Cafe - From Kill to Grill' started by GreyBear, Nov 13, 2008.

1. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Howdy,
    Mrs Bear cooked this up last night and it was some kind of good.
    Taco Soup
    1 lb ground meat (we used deer but beef or even turkey would do)
    1 onion diced
    5 cloves garlic
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can black beans
    1 can dice tomatoes
    1 can condensed tomato soup
    2 cups beef stock or broth
    1 package taco seasoning
    1 package Ranch dressing mix

Brown the meat and onions and garlic in a dutch oven of heavy pot
    add remaining ingredients stir and cook over medium low heat for 20 mins
    Serve as is, or garnish with grated sharp cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
    Goes GREAT with cornbread

Ride Free....and Eat Well
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Don't know about the corn bread & black beans , But it sound's real good this time of year , going to have to make it :D
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

im fixin that for supper tomorrow nite!!!!!!!! sounds great.....will llet ya know how it comes out!!:)
  4. chucktx

ok, i actually fixed bbq chicken for supper this evening, but after i cleaned up i did fix this soup!!!! man it is great!!! i will serve it tomorrow as it is supposed to get cold....mid 50's....brrrrrrrr. letting it meld over night. i did change it up just a tad.....i didnt have any pinto beans so i used chick peas, and being from TEXAS i had to add some chillies....:) i also drained the beans, as i like my soups on the thick side......but it is wonderful.....a big ol'TEXAS thanks to ms.bear for this one......:D :D

i also make a killer cornbread.....
    i pkg of jiffy corn bread mix...follow directions on the box, but cut the milk in half and add a small can of creamed corn......i grease a cast iron skillet with lard, then follow cooking directions, but keep an eye on the edges of the bread...when it starts to brown the edge i turn off the oven and let set in there about 2 or 3 more minutes...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attached Files:

5. cowboy

man chuck that does look good
  6. chucktx

that was taken before it rendered down a bit.....havin a hard time keepin the ol'lady out of it!!!!!!!!:)
  7. chucktx

ok, got back a while ago from a day trip....bout 50* out. the "soup" has melded since yesterday evening, fired up the oven, made cornbread, had one of the best ribstickin, body warmin foods around........:)

Attached Files:

8. cowboy

Look's like you ate real good , Did you have the winds we had heavy winds all day here , bike still down so got a lot of the honey do list done , so tomorrow is my list time new garage door in the shop :cool:
  9. chucktx

ya, we had lots of wind here also.....altho riding in the woods the wind is cut back a bit.....left rye and headed to woodville....then north a bit twards nacadoches....then south twards livingston...over twards onalaska then southwest to rye.....man is was really cold goin round the lake!!!!!!!!!:)
    soup was good after that ride!!
  10. cowboy

sound's like it was a good ride pretty through there , & I know that soup was good after going by the lake