1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fathers day

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Jun 20, 2010.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

hope all had a great fathers day , we did around here all the kid's & grand kids came over My cowgirl made a real good mexican dish :cool:
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Unfortunatally I had to work so I was not able to spend it with my family or my dad. It was cool though, my girls woke me up to give cards that they had made.:D
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Spent the whole weekend home alone and it rained all weekend, sucks.:(
  4. JohnnyBiker

That should be a crime to spend Father's Day alone. I hope you get get to see your kids soon!?
  5. FLHTbiker

Got a son that is not worth a crap and the daughter lives to far away. Could have used some decent weather to go ride.
  6. JohnnyBiker

Sorry to hear that! :( I will say Happy Fathers Day to you then. Happy Father's Day!
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Went to my fathers, took some KFC, had lunch, fixed a GFCI that was not bad LOL
    they have a hot water instant heater under the sink, it's fubar'd so unplugged it..

Had breakfast at home, got some clothes I needed and a new rear tire for the RG!
  8. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Wife fixed me breakfast and gave me a card from her and the puppies then I got to spend Fathers day riding with my son and my grandson (daughters son). came home and my daughter brought over KFC and fixin’s. Was very nice, tomorrow wife, me and 3 others head out to ST. George, Utah for the Colorado / Utah State HOG Rally, it is going to be a rolling rally and end up in Durango, CO on Saturday. Going to be a good week. :cool:
  9. FLHTbiker

Man, you got lucky, mine was over in central Oregon at a conference with some other of her women friends. I spent the weekend with the two sick cats making sure they got their meds.
  10. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Not meddlin' or anything but I hope things can get better while there's still time - and that's all I'll say 'bout that.
  11. FLHTbiker

Bad divorce back in 1991 Dmassey, wife convinced the boy to her side and my daughter moved in with me. Wife turned him into a real work of art first with horrid religious bull and now he hates the guy shes married to as well. She left me for a rich dude that is 25 years older than her. So much for religion, now she is stuck with an old man but she'll get his money. Daughter is doing real well, married 2 really cool kids (Rusty & Scout).
    Were going to go to the grandsons 4 1/2 birthday party this Saturday. Its quit a ways and might ride, depends on weather. We celebrate his birthday in June as he was born the day before Christmas.
    A phone call from the daughter would have been nice though. As for the boy, lost cause and will be his loss some day my daughter has only seen him a couple times. Oh well, hey today is the first day of Summer.:)
  12. JohnnyBiker

I am not what one would call a religious man, but God always seems to let things work out.

I guess you can look at this way, We are sort of your other family, and we are glad that you are with us.
  13. FLHTbiker

Thanks, that cool.
  14. JohnnyBiker

No Problem!
  15. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

FLHTbiker not sure how I feel about some of the points of religion having to do with forgiveness although there are those that say that we have to forgive everything and move on but there are some things that are very difficult for us as humans to forgive. If you want things to work out then don't give up on hope and let things happen naturally. I know at some point in time my path will cross with my x son-in-law and we will need to have some sort of resolution - if for no other reason than for the sake of my daughter because I know that in her own way she really loved him. At some point in time you and your son's paths will cross - God Bless You. ;)