1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Finally riding again

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by shovelRob, Jul 15, 2011.

1. shovelRob

shovelRob New Member

It's been a pretty long time since I rode as much as I have this week. And it's not really much, maybe 10-20 miles a day while I look into various adjustments--clutch and tappets right now I think.

But it's great. For the last five years I've hardly looked at my bike and was busy with lots of other stuff. Still busy with lots of stuff, but this adds dimension to my life that's been long missing.

I've been kind of surprised at how nice I feel the ol' shovel looks. I've never been much for washing it, but gave it a wash last week with my son and loved the results. I also remembered the old adage that to find what's loose on your bike, give it a wash--found that the rattle I'd been hearing was part of my headlight cover. Easy fix.

Anyway, here it is:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I am drueling here!!!!!:D AWESOME!!!
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man Rob you need to find more time for riding , that 's good looking shovel & thanks for ole Jones ride more it keeps your sole free
  4. shovelRob

shovelRob New Member

Need to lower the forks an inch or two and get a speedo drive on there, but it'll ride in the meantime.

Thanks for the encouragement!
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Very nice yep very nice looking ride and I agree it needs to be ridden more. :)
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Like yer shovel, Rob. I know the country you're in, used to live in Monterey and Pacific Grove. Could hardly ask for prettier scenery to ride in . . .
  7. shovelRob

shovelRob New Member

My longest ride in a while today, a measly 50 miles from my house to Casa De Fruta to Gilroy and back. Good times. It appears I probably need to replace my primary chain as it seems to have a loose spot, making shifting sort of grindy and a tap-tap in the primary case. Easy fix, only about $70 of parts.
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

nice ride!!!!!!!! thanks for posting it!