1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

FLHT Harley Radio Hissing

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Harleyjeff, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Harleyjeff

Harleyjeff New Member

Hello, I was wondering if someone knows why suddenly my radio in my 98 FLHTCI would suddenly not tune and radio channels. I only hear hissing. The tape player is working fine. Is it possible for the antenna to unplug from behind the faring? Is there a fuse for the tuner that is separate from the tape player or just one radio fuse? Thanks for your wisdom.
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

You can never rule anything out, do you get any AM reception? I'm not up on Harley radios. I tried to use a different antennae and got lots of hissing and went back to the original setup. good luck
  3. Harleyjeff

Harleyjeff New Member

I get no AM reception, no weather reception, nothing. That is why I suspected something internal. Even checking something like the antenna seems like a big task because I have to take apart the faring.
  4. Harleyjeff

Harleyjeff New Member

Ah hah. I took the faring off. The antenna was unplugged at the back of the radio.
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

it's a bit of a pain to take the plastic off but at least it's a cheap fix...:)