1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

FLHX driving lights

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Jun 10, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Will try this again. This is the third time to post. I just installed a new driving light kit. It came out good and wasn't to difficult to install. I did end up changing out the 35w lamps to silverstar 55w lamps to get a little more light. I would recommend this kit for anyone that doesn't have driving lights.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i remember the posts........sorry the hacker got ya. ya had a pic included with it i believe. looked good!!
  3. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Some reason I wasn't able to post a pic this time. I'll give up on that. I just like to show my handy work like everyone else.
  4. chucktx

ya did a good job. if you like you may email it to me and i will post it for you...
    ckn111@yahoo.com
  5. chucktx

here is a pic of the lights installed...looking good. are they nice and bright???

Attached Files:

6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Oooohhh I like! I too have the 08 FLHX that doesn't come with driving lights and I sure miss them from my previous bike. What kit did you use?

Oh and sorry you lost all your former posts, the site got hacked and I had no choice but to roll everything back a couple of days.
  7. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I used the kuryakyn #5005 kit. The lights were ok but came with piaa 35 watt lamps. Not bright enough for me. I went to O'reillys and bought silverstars 55 watt lamps for 19.99 each. That is cheaper than I could find anywhere. Now the lights are bright enough. I don't know if the housings will hold up to 55watt heat but will find out soon enough. A local indy looked the kit over and said 55 watt should work fine. Just a heads up cause you will probably want to change lamps also.