1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

FLHX Speaker Upgrade

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Mar 14, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I have an 08 Street Glide. I'm wanting to upgrade the factory speakers to Hog Tunes or Hawg Wired Speakers. The problem is I don't know what OHM rating the factory speakers are. I have the stock HK stereo from HD. I don't want to install an amp. I just want to be able to plug in some speakers that sound better than factory. I don't really want to remove the fairing to check the old speakers unless I have to. Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin
  2. smittyflhx

smittyflhx New Member

Kevin,
    I recently put hog tune speakers in my 07 flhx Street Glide
    Hog tunes web page will show them just for your bike 2006 to 2009
    Speakers 2006-09
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I believe the speaker you want to look for are 2 ohms... at least that what I had noted for myself for when I finally get around to replacing my FLHX speakers. Let us know which ones you choose and how you like them. I saw the Hawg Wired speakers out at the Cincinnati V-Twin show and they really sounded great.