1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Flooding

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Informme, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Informme

Informme New Member

Got a problem. Need some help. :witsend:

Have a 2001 Sportster Sport with the Keihin cv carb. I put Ken's kit in, and I also added the spike air filter. Since the carb is the sport model, it does not have the fuel overflow drain hose. My problem is the carb keeps flooding. Gas is running out of the air filter, even when petcock is shut. I've checked the float, and it's fine. Even changed the fuel inlet valve on the float. Sometimes it works fine, other times it doesn't. So I'm guessing that something is hanging up. What could it be besides the float? :gah:

Thanks, Scott
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

it sounds like fuel valve isnt working, and the float is set to high, or, the float has debris in the seat not allowing it to seat. be careful of this situation as you can fill the crankcase with fuel which will thin the oil. enough gets in there and it could make for an interesting start up....specially if ya get a hickup!!!!