1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

For the wife (again)

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Jul 16, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

A couple week's back I picked up a Honda 1100 sprit for the wife It has been setting up for a little over a year never started , so rebulit the carbs , fixed the Tail light , Now the wife rode back in the mid 70's & off & on since then but will need some practis , so I pull the hard bags off for cleaning the bike & saftey :D the Honda look's like a small wide glide with A wind shield & hard bag's , any way I rode it yesterday clutch slips going threw the gears but will do a burn out ( need to adj it) need's a back tire & the rest is ready to go , it a 97 with only 7K plus miles , the lady I got it from bought A super glide & just let the Honda set up , A couple off the kids told me not to get it for her but I had to let them know That there MOM was rideing long before they where born . I will try to get some pic's up soon :D
  2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

That's nice of you. I hope she enjoys it.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

what a guy!!!!! that ought to get ya some brownie points!!!!!!!!!:)
  4. cowboy

I built her a honda back in the Mid 70's & she rode it everywhere , & after 35 years together I think she gave up giving me brownie point's ,Now she just gives me lip :roflmao: & she's still fun to be around :cool: :D
  5. chucktx

i aint goin there cowboy.................y'all make your own jokes/comments!!!!:roflmao:
  6. cowboy

:D :D Chuck it ain't bad stuff just the type of lip where every thing on hre honey doo list is number 1 & she wants it all done now:roflmao: or today
  7. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I had to strip down the wifes mountian bike, pull all the stickers to paint it black because she didn't like it blue, put new tubes in painted it, all hurry, hurry, and a month later it still sits in the garage unriden:roflmao:
  8. cowboy

Ok the wife took her first ride on her new bike (to her) did pretty good the first 3 miles (it's 3 miles from house to hwy paved rode ) I had to stop her at the hwy & made turn around ,, told her to just make the block ( another 5 miles just to around the block) , the bike has a small pop in the pipes so a small miss but it sat about a year & a half I redid the carbs , but need to get all four spark plugs , it a twin cyl , twin carb four s plugs , & a new back tire before I get new tags then she's off
  9. chucktx

sounds great cowboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how about a few pics of the new bike and proud new owner!!!!!!!:)
  10. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

forgot cowboy, do they make you do inspection, and emissions there. been so long I can't remember. I know they do on cage's but on bikes
  11. chucktx

inspections for sure...........some counties may do emmissions also......
  12. cowboy

Chuck will try to get the wife & bike together this weekend for the pic's
    sporsterboy no emissions in Brazoria county if your still heading to Lake Jackson
  13. stevenh

stevenh New Member

hey Cowboy, if it's just a decel pop it might be normal on that Honda... I got my quasi daughters' Honda Spirit running and then worked hours trying to get rid of the pop. Made it better by richening the mixture but talked to some Honda riders and they said it's just the way it is.
  14. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

it will actually be brazoria the town, oct 16th I'll be heading out.
  15. cowboy

stevenh thanks for that info , I know it need's new S plugs , & a friend has a 1100 different model same year & has a small pop on decell
    sporsterboy Come on down , just a state insp on bikes cages get the tube up the pipe :eek:
  16. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

NO that can't be, everyone believes that's only a Harley Problem that was designed into the bike by the MOCO to force you to buy performance upgrades and tuning! Not Honda- those guys never have done anything wrong!!:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
  17. cowboy

:D You meet the nicest people on A honda , see I go back aways :eek:
  18. cowboy

Okay here are the pics, the 2 bikes and my Chief Assistant my 11 year old grandson, and myself.

Attached Files:

19. chucktx

nice looking bikes!!!!!!!!! and it looks like the assistant wants to try one out for himself!!!!!!!!!:)
  20. cowboy

Thank's chuck , the lady we got the Honda from was here today & said it doesnot look like the same bike & you can see through the windshield , & yes my assistant want's a bigger bike , he getting to tall for his mini bike