1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fork oil change

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by prroadking, Aug 18, 2008.

1. prroadking

prroadking New Member

I have an 06 roadking with 20k on the clock. Is it recommended to change the fork oil?:) :) :)
  2. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

I certainly would. Put in SE Heavy oil and you won't be dissappointed. We change fork oil on every 20K service at our shop.
  3. prroadking

prroadking New Member

amsoil fork oil

what is your opinion of the amsoil shock therapy # 10
  4. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

any ideas on what wt. se hD is, i'm thikin around 30
  5. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

I think the heavy oil is more in the 20 range. I put heavy in all my forks when I change it. I like the damping rate better.
  6. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Thanks to my little frontend mods I made last Thrusday I will be having to change fork oil. The guys at the local stealer told me before not to worry with it. Now that the tubes have to be replaced I have to change it and they said to go with the HD Heavy Duty. Said it was a better ride and what "everyone" did when changing fork oil. Not a hard job nor expensive anyway, I would say try it if you don't like it switch back.