1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fork oil

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Hugo, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Hugo

Hugo New Member

Hey guys ,changing forl oil on my 2004 fatboy.Like to hear your feed back on different brands and weights best suited for this bike.I'm sure the oil in there now is harley type e oil, seems a bit soft. Like to stiffen front end up a bit. I've been told Screaming Eagle heavy is a good oil ,all advice welcome .:witsend:
  2. bcnasty

bcnasty New Member

On every bike I have had the first mod was S.E. heavy fork oil. I beleive its a 15 weight. On the softail I went with 11.5 oz's because the factory recommendation when I went to heavy made it too stiff. On the glide I run 12.5 oz's and the ride is great.
    BC
  3. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

SE heavy works great. I use the specification amount and have never had a problem.
  4. Hugo

Hugo New Member

Hey guys ,thanks for the advice.Really help full, i'll try the SE heavy and see what happens.Adios:cool:
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Hugo you're north the other border, Adios is reserved for our southern borders LOL don't you guys say "later eh!"

I run the se oil always change over to it, reduces the dive and firms up the ride
  6. Hugo

Hugo New Member

Hotroadking thanks for the input. That was my concern the diving of the front end . I have done the fork oil change now with the SE heavy.Unfortunately i wont b able to try my bike as it is now about 3 degrees celcius here, and my bike is hibernating now for the winter:banghead: Up here our season is about six months of riding if your lucky.In between that rain, rain, rain, snow, snow, snow.Take care now eeehhhh!LOL:D
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Pretty lucky here in FL I can ride all the time,

Guess putting it up makes you appreciate it more when you get it back though.
  8. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I use the shock therapy oil but was hard tell the difference between that and the SE. Both felt better than the original.
  9. Hugo

Hugo New Member

Thanks Kenfuzed, i know the oil well .Is it not Amsoil your talking about?I use that in all three cavities 20-50 motor,75-90 gear lube tranny and 10-40 for primary. So i have heard of the shock therapy .Thanks for the input Ken.:D I'll c what happens with this SE heavy and go from there.Thanks again.:cool: