1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Frog togs

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Jun 21, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i took a short 170 mile trip today.....got caught in a torential down pour, lighting and thunder, very heavy rain, had to slow to 30mph just to see.....didnt want to stop like the other cars as i would probably got hit....and no place to hide. anyway, before i rode into the rain i put on my rain gear.....frog togs...rode through the stuff for about 10 miles then rode out of it.....stopped at a gas station and took them off. my pants legs was wet about 1 inch from the bottom.....the rest of me was dry. best 30 bucks i have ever spent, and they roll up into a 1 gal ziploc bag.....and that is the top and bottom....i highly recomend them......
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

frog togs are the name and where do you pick em up at
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sorry bout that.....academy, bass pro, gandermountian,....acedemy had the best price i believe....about 30bucks for the set.......
  4. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

just do a google search for them....looks like there are LOTS of places that sell it!!! otherwise, bass pro, acadamy sports and gander mountain are 3 that chuck mentioned to me!
  5. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I bought my rain gear at Menards (the hardware place) for about $15...3 piece gear, & comes with a bag. Fits in the saddlebags nicely without taking alot of space. Worth lookin into.
  6. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

Fro Toggs

Have to agree best money i have spent, i bought mine before i left the fall rally in myrtle beach last oct. rode in hard rain fog and wind, only the bottom of my jeans were slightly wet, they also help in cold weather riding as well

DKIN21
    LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I got those bright yellow rain set's , free carried them in my saddle bags for over a year never stoped to put them on so took them out & there on the shelf in the garage , I just blow dry in the wind :D
    :cool:
  8. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

What is rain?

Here in Nevada we sometimes get six inches of rain at a time....that is, six inches between the raindrops on the ground.