1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fronk fork lower stop/ ratio tech question

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Aug 9, 2008.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Ok. I have lowered,cropped,chopped,bobbed.slammed.raked. however if I wanna go a few degrees over on a triple tree and lower and keep a good trail. I don't just wanna look cool I want it to keep a good corner.
    02 wide glide. Gotta remeber my triangles. (over 2-5) Think that'll be enough for sure.
    Oh yeah the front springs get changed but do I need to do anyhting about a different lower stop?
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

I don't know for fact but I've been told by a couple of guys that used the raked trees that high speed stability is compromised(read speed wobble).I know of 3degree rake kits that work well and go in the fork neck and rake the stem for FXST's and FL's, I'm not sure if either of them will fit a Dyna or if there is one for Dyna's.:devil:
  3. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

i run a 8 over with a 3 deg in the tree wg 41mm, heavy as heck in the slow turns but good when going over 30mph, shouldn't have to change anything,worst to worst your adding less than a inch changing a few deg, add a little more fork oil to stifin it up.
  4. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

if you go to "american suspension" they have a rake calculator you just plug numbers into, works grate. good luck and be careful at over 75mph:devil:
  5. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

thanks

thanks to ya all , I' ll check out that sight