1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Front mount bagger part #ending 79-d need info

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, Dec 9, 2012.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

well guys its time put it off as long as i could . reason being i know this new mount is much harder than the old= b mount . any how this revised part has a new installation procedure . what it is i have no clue some say you are to install it with flat side up towards engine plate some say install round side to engine plate any one have a clue ? much appreciated for the help . if you have a service procedure off hd net that would be a great help . as the service advisor at the local dealership would not be foruth coming with the info .
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Are you looking for the front motor mount install procedures? You and I have the same year bike and I have a SM. What is letter designation for your bike?
  3. baggerpaul

the install is six bolts and im done . the position of the revised mount is what i have a problem with it does not state on the mount like the old ones did witch way is up. and they do not look any thing like the old mount.
  4. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

5. baggerpaul

That was it !!!!!!! If you had tits i would kiss ya . But miss santa looks much better. Lmfao thanks canuk!!!!!
  6. Lucifer

:roflmao:Glad I don't have tits:roflmao:Lil miss santa would be a much better choice:D
  7. Lucifer

I thought you had a Glide Pro mount...let us know how you find the -79D mount...
  8. baggerpaul

Had jakes early mount worked ok for a while but the rider has a heavy right hand grip .lol put the b mount back in shortly after . And noticed a little more vibes than jakes mount . Every one says the d mount is a little stiffer than the b we will see . Gonna use jakes install method and torque procudre .thanks again canuk .
  9. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That is way awesome link. I do think that this should be put in the tech tips section. LOL, funny Paul had suggested that I watch some Glide Pro videos because I had some questions on what that link was under the tank. It showed exactly how to do it and also showed really clearly how the mount was installed. (orientation):D
  10. baggerpaul

IF YOU LOOK ON THE LINK JB YOULL SEE WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE PICTURE ON THE MICRO FISH SHOWS THE NEW 79-D MOUNT AND THE OLD SYLYE THAT WAS CONCAVED ON BOTH ENDS . JUST LIKE THE GLIDE PRO MOUNT , THE NEW STYLE HAS A TOTALY FLAT SURFACE THAT YOU WOULD THINK OF INSTALLING TOWARDS THE FRAME .AND INSTALLING THE FLAT WASHER UP AGAINST IT . NOT SO !THE FLAT PORTION GOES TOWARDS THE ENGINE PLATE ! THE ROUND PORTION OF THE MOUNT WAS FACING THAT WAY BEFORE THEY REVISED THE MOUNT SO NOW THE FLAT PORTION FACES UP AND ROUND GOES DOWN . WONDER HOW MANY OF THESE MOUNTS ARE OUT THERE UPSIDE DOWN . LOL:roflmao:
  11. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

You'd think instructions would come with the part. But NOOOO!
  12. Lucifer

Paul, if you weren't sure which end is up,I'm sure there are a hell of a lot of them upside down...they'd just figure flat side down,which would kinda look right and they wouldn't bother to check to make sure..
  13. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I bet yer mrs santa in the picture has a glide pro... no better not go there
    I would have to edit myself... :roflmao:
  14. Lucifer

Heh, she's a pole glidin' pro fer sure:roflmao:
  15. baggerpaul

I would be more than willing to be the judge if she is a pro or not .! Dam know ihave to go confess my sins!
  16. baggerpaul

Well update mount is in as of last night . It feels fine. For a high compression 98 . Decel vibes about gone coming off the highway coast . Feels about the same as when my b mount was in one piece .lol . Don't see what a the who ha of the d mount being a hard mount is all about .well if its on the internet it must be true .lmfao thanks again for the info lucifer .
  17. Lucifer

No problem,it's usually the other way around;)...Thanks for the update...also read they are supposed to be a little more oil resistant because of the harder rubber...
  18. baggerpaul

Well when change my oil I cut an old anti freeze bottle and make a gutter to fit under my filter and drip down away from the mount and reg. Icut it out of the middle seems to be easy to flex there . Less clean up .lol
  19. Lucifer

Same here,windshield washer,oil or antifreeze jug,any 4 or 5 litre jug hanging around...maybe they don't teach that in Harley School:rolleyes:
  20. baggerpaul

Lmfao .. no mmi. ?