1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

fuel inlet removal?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 20, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Ok, I want to replace the plastic fuel inlet with the brass one on the carb for the 99 Roadking. How do you get the dang thing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

Re: Fuel inlet removal

heat gun.........and pliers.......and i am gonna move this.
  3. FLHTbiker

I did that and the plastic sleeve came off and now there is a brass knurled piece under that, so how do you get that stuck on SOB off. More heat?
  4. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

run a small blind tap 1/4 20 or smaller in there and then thred a bolt into put the bolt in the vice and then pull on the carb gingerly while you twist it a bit it will come out
  5. baggerpaul

put greese on the tap to keep the shavings out of the carb so not to get them in the bowl or the needle and seat .
  6. FLHTbiker

Got it out and what. A PIA to remove. Clamped a vise grip on it and twisted and pulled several times and she finally came out, my arm is now tired, think I'll go pull a Carbboard and go take a nap :D But first got to do some more on it.
  7. baggerpaul

good deal when i replaced mine .i used a bit of loctite hydralic thred sealant just around the base portion of the brass inlet so as not to leak. just a little did not want to get any in the carb . felt like cheap insurance did not want to do it again they are a pain .