1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Fuel Moto SE Stage I + oil?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by kerrycorcoran, Jul 29, 2011.

1. kerrycorcoran

kerrycorcoran New Member

Fuel Moto SE Stage I + oil?

Is this a filter that needs to be oiled or not?? Nothing in the instructions, but I hate to assume no.

Anyone know?
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

If it'e a Harley SE1, No don't oil it. If it's red in color it might be a KN and it would come oiled. If it's white, chances are it's a Harley filter.
  3. kerrycorcoran

kerrycorcoran New Member

Well, its this model:

Performance Air filters for Harl

But I'm still unsure what to do at this point. My oil filter for my chopper is K&N and it didn't come oil, but required oiling before use.

Wish this stuff was more standardized.
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

My Fatbot came with the Harley Stage 1, it is white and shouldn't be oiled. I replaced it with the KN and it is red, came with instructions dsaying that it is pre-oiled and looks just like that one. Also, FuelMoto does not make them they re-label other manufacturers. No harm using it as is until Monday when you can call Jamie. Unless you're riding several hundred miles in a dusty condition.
  5. kerrycorcoran

kerrycorcoran New Member

Yes, figured it'd be alright. Took it out for a spin. So far so good. :)
  6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I believe those are pre-oiled and you can use the K&N oil and cleaner found at any autoparts store.