1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

fxdwg handle bar change

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by racer99, May 18, 2004.

1. racer99

racer99 New Member

I just bought a 93 fxdwg, I love the bike but want to change the bar style
    to a drag bar type, I'd like to keep the same sitting position upright any advice on the riser hieght and back set to give the feel and look I want?

racer99 pround new Harley owner.
  2. skid03

skid03 New Member

i had a 97 wideglide before i wrecked it last year and totalled it. i loved the ape hangers that came stock on the bike. great handling bike. i now have a 2000 heritage softail. dont like it near as much as my wideglide. it doesnt handle no where near as good as my wideglide did. i am trying to sell it now and will probably go back to a wideglide. i dont go on long trips because of my back problems so i dont need a touring bike. oh sorry, i got off track....i would go with whatever you feel comfortable with. after all...you are the one riding it. try a couple different heights to see what is comfortable to you. the risers arent that expensive or if you have a friend that has the risers you are looking at....see if he/she will let you test ride it...hope this helped

skid03.....stay straight up!!!
  3. CD

CD Guest

How hi?

We've found that the easiest way to find out what is comfortable is to put the bike on a lift low to the ground. Get on the bike and get comfortable then hold your arms out where you would like them to be. Have an assistant measure the height and pull back from the top tree. Repeat until you get a consistent measurment. From there, you should be able to find a set of bars like Wild1 Chubbies that will get you where you want to be.
    Don over at Wild1 800-337-8870 can also give you some good tips.
  4. Rumblewolf

Rumblewolf New Member

Buffalo Tees

I kinda like those fat, 10" BuffaloT-Bars...pre-drilled so you can hide those jacknasty wires...$122.95 :cool: