1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

FXR Riders?

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ramona, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Ramona

Ramona New Member

New guy here, long time motorcyclist.....any connoisseurs of the FXR?
    One of my bikes is named Ramona
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  2. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

No FXR but did love my FXDL 98 Last of the EVO. So let me guess you have an ironbutt and can rebuild a carb in your sleep! Welcome aboard.
  3. Ramona

Ramona New Member

Hi Blue Pearl,
    Thanks for the welcome, iron butt-yes, carb re-builder-no.
    Just 'found' this site.......take care
  4. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Had a 85 FXSB Low Rider, Evo, 4 speed, with electic and kick start. Loved that ol bike sold it back in 2000 and ran into the guy who bought it at rally in 04 still running strong.
    Sorry about the salute

Attached Files:

5. quietone

quietone Active Member

Welcome Romona, I got an 88 fxrs which has been such a good bike that the woman now says it's her's. She took her license test on a 650 seca I had for her at 10:30 in the morning and past the test. By 11:30 the same morning the 650 was back in the garage and the fxr was gone. Buy 4:30 someone she took the test with was here and gave me the $500 I had in the seca and it was gone. So being she now has a license to drive a bike she allows me my wideglide and thanked me for the fxr. OUCH!!! They tell me it's a good life if you don't weaken
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

welcome ramona.......
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

welcome romano
    harleyls do you have any pic's of riding with out leather or is it allways cold up there , i do like the pic of the wave & brown evo good looking bike
  8. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Cowboy not always cold. There are times in late June, July and early August that it is not cool in the mountains while riding. We will leave home about 6:30 or 7:00 and it is cool enough to need your jacket, when you go up in elevation it gets cooler especially at any kind of speed. Chaps are optional, I have gone to wearing gators except on real cool days, 40 degrees or less and going to be out for a while. You can go from 45 degrees in the morning to 85 or 90 in the afternoon and back into the 60’s by dark. You just get used to it, I never go anywhere, even in the truck, without a jacket or sweatshirt close by.

Here’s one with no leather. Late June this year near Montrose, CO.

Attached Files:

9. cowboy

I guess I've been living down here to long & forgot about riding in the mountians & that's bad on me cAUSE i'AM FROM Alb NM & love & miss that kinda of riding , used to keep a jacket rolled & strap to the handle bars just for that reason nice pic's thanks I miss those views
  10. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Cowboy, come up and visit sometime.
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cowboy..............ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!
  12. cowboy

just mabe next spring my son-in-law is wating to get his new Victory cross country & has already said he wants us to take a road trip & chuck already invited us as well as your invite so it sounds good to me , should have enought time to save my pennies up
  13. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Sounds like a plan to me..:D