1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Don't know if this is for real but I called the number and it answerers as the Government do not call list.

FYI

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.
    REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.
    It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON .. It takes about 20 seconds.

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

FLHT if you said it work for you , thanks thats good info :cool: I need to do mine & my grandsons
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

thanks, I just did all ours on the internet, you can do three at a time on the net.
    U the man of the day
    how's the monitor going?
  4. cowboy

Ya I did ours last night , thanks :)
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

just did mine, first question....PRESS 1 FOR.....wait for it........wait for it.............wait for it....ENGLISH.
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Tanks FLHT!
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, FLHT - but, this whole business is real sh**ty. I'm one of those people who likes to stay off the grid as much as possible (I use phone cards & give my number to whom I please). How do our numbers go "public" - do they have a special phone book for cells? Who decides that telemarketers get our numbers? Sounds to me like it's the government once again sticking it's big stinky foot in my business . . .
  8. cowboy

Josh they get all phone # from a list companys have & some people sell the list kinda under the table , it's been going on longer then cell phones have been around
  9. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I just registered my cell phone # online and it only took a few minutes.