1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gas Prices at Station in canada

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Mar 7, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Here is a staion in Hazelton B.C in Canada, wow prices must really be bad.

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if it wasnt true, it would be funny................:(
  3. FLHTbiker

I saw Deisel here for 4.19 gal :gah: 50.00 don't even give me half a tank anymore. :cussing:
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I put a half a tank in a Saturn Ion...20 litres..32 bucks...and we're not the most expensive place for gas..and..it ain't over yet.
  5. FLHTbiker

I think I might strap a ladder onto my Miata and do inspection out of it. Wouldn't that be a site.
  6. chucktx

get a trailer and use the bike...............
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ya it's would be funny if not true , I just paid 3.69 for diesel here at murphy's aka wal-mart here other places are up to 3,79 on higher :eek::wtf:
  8. FLHTbiker

That would really be a sight, I can just see those women Realtors faces :roflmao::eek:
  9. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Makes ya wonder what is driving the prices up - especially since it's cheaper to make diesel than it is gas. Less steps to take refineing K2 than gas - according to big brother it's the problem in Libya that's causing it. But my guess is some big oil companies are trying to recoup on the gulf crisis.
  10. cowboy

Ya it does make ya wonder cause they say there's no shortage now , so it's the oil companys filling there pockets :banghead::witsend::rant::cussing:
  11. FLHTbiker

There is no doubt that the oil companies are not loving it and use every excuse possible to keep the price up and up and up. When they report there next profit and loss statement bet yea they have record profits.
    Now if the pres. would get off his assss and let exploration and drilling here to start up the prices would drop. :cussing:
  12. chucktx

ya got a pretty bike........get a 4x8 trailer from harborfreight for the base trailer, then make it pretty like the bike..........:)
  13. chucktx

they wouldnt drop for a while, but they would come down. we have many uncapped wells to draw from, and they arent included in the emergency inventory. we also need new refinerys to process. at least upgrade the old ones. but that is on hold also,,,,,,,,,,,,:banghead::witsend::angry:
  14. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Most of the price increase is due to the "what could happen to the supply" items
    not the supply.

Libya's unrest and reduction in oil supply, along with Egypt's coup provide fodder for
    potential shortages in supply due to military or sabotage lots of things could happen to "possibly" reduce supply.

Because total world demand and supply are so tightly controlled it doesn't take much
    to drive speculation that oil might be in short supply. So the price goes up. Add in the current administrations moratorium on oil drilling, and the fact that the world knows that Obama will never have the balls to allow drilling or even the talk of drilling, even if he did open talks, nobody believes he'd drill, so prices will continue to rise.

It has nothing to do with what is in the pipeline it has to do with what could happen to the pipeline, and when things get sideways just a little bam $100+ oil.

This is why the USA must open Anwar, off gulf drilling, off FL, TX, CA, etc open up the central USA oil shale areas. It can be monitored and run properly, with little environmental impact, and it will allow the USA to maintain control of the price of oil
    which will allow our economy to grow.
  15. chucktx

16. FLHTbiker

Was in to see my local barber today and sitting in the chair was Mr Stein, he is a multi millionaire who owns multiple gas stations, truck stops, fueling commercial stations, car washes and various Real Estate ventures. He said that yesterday they were told the price went down 3 cents and they were expecting another 2 cents today. However, so far nobody has dropped their prices, but they also didn't go up either.
  17. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Some parts of Southern California here have already hit the $4 mark. My local area is around $3.90 for 87 octane but over 4 bucks for 91. Here we go again.
  18. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

In my neck of the woods(Atlantic Canada) we're paying $1.26/liter that works out to $5.73/US gallon for regular:gah::puke:
  19. cowboy

:eek: What's diesel going for up there ?
  20. FLHTbiker

Diesel here its running at $4.00 to $4.19 a gal. :mad: