1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gator skins

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by ironhorse, Mar 7, 2010.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

Ordered myself a gator skin shirt to try it out see if it practices what their preaching, supposed to be an exllenant cold weather shirt, Gator Skins - Warmest Clothing Around! Has anyone else tried them? should be at the house when I get back and I will let you know
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

I was goin to but the Gator refused to part with it - he was still usin it!:roflmao:
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

gotta git tough sarge...:roflmao:
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Yep - but he had me outgunned - had to do a stratic(sp) retreat :roflmao:
    Although I've read about these shirts but don't know anybody who has admitted to wearing one yet. Gotta watch the macho image ya know. Let us know if ya get one and more important does the derned thing do what it says it will; might have rearm and go wrasll thaat gator again to get for me. I get cold lookin at ice in a glass of hooch in july and this little item might be just ticket.:D
  5. broncoman

broncoman New Member

Ironhorse,I would like to know if you like the gator skins, riding in Idaho is alway cool/cold in the mornings and we shed to short sleeve shirts in the afternoon. I saw an add in the thunder magazine and wanted to know if its worth the money. This would be just the ticket because its warm and compacts into a small space.
  6. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

just got home to try it, will let you know soon
  7. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

I am interested in your feedback also. They where at the local bike show last month. I got taken in by the little cutie red head they had working the booth. Almost bought one then got drawn in by the Hooters girls and forgot to get back to the shirt.
  8. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Dern Hooter Gals will do that to ya! - Took my grandson (10 yro) with me the last time we went to Hooters and he forgot to eat what he ordered ( they grow up to fast in todays world) - come to think of it I forgot to eat too.:roflmao:
  9. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I'd also like to know how they work, just like Idahoo is always col here in the early mornings and when the sun goes down.
  10. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

well so far so good, might be a little tight for their recommendations, take into account that 70 deg is cooold to me I rode in the gator and a hoodie about 40 deg, was content would like to hold it up against under armor, give it another try at work this week.
  11. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

OK I had an opportunity to wear it out in 30-40 weather, Iam not so sure it is what was preached, I am expecting more but I will give it more of a chance before I dis it.
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

13. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I believe it does keep you warmer though I prefer 90 deg and it is comfortable, would I recommend it sure if you got the money but if not then just get under armor cold weather gear it's cheaper JMO
  14. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

thanks for the update
  15. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

Rode the other day in the fog, about 40-45, gator and jacket, I was impressed that I did get a chill then it leveled off and was comfortable for about the next 150 miles then that afternoon had to shead the jacket at about 60-65
  16. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

I broke down and bought the shirt. Friends of mine recommended it. Its OK. I like the shirt but I really can't tell if it does the job they says it does. After spending almost $70 bucks you want to believe it works. Definitely doesn't do the job of a electric vest but it might do the job better then some of the other cold weather gear I have. I do like the fact it is light weight. I also recommend buying a size larger then you normally wear. I take an XL but had to get the next size up, 2XL, because its not supposed to fit tight.