1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gattling gun!!

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by chucktx, May 29, 2010.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ever shoot one????? i got the chance today. i went to watch some friends shooting at a cowboy action shooting competition. it was hot out, but the shooting and event was really cool!!

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

the gun was built from original blueprints, using the same tools and methods of construction......so it was an original, just built in modern times. the guy is able to turn out 2 a year....cost is $45k........

Attached Files:

3. chucktx

Attached Files:

4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Those are some great pics and some cool looking old rifles. Always wanted to fire one. Only big gun I ever fired was a 50 cal. machine gun. That would be a kick in the pants to shoot a gattling gun.
    Send some of that warm weather up this way, were having the coolest and wettest May on record.
  5. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Was the Gattling gun cal 45-70? That was a bigger shell than .45 Colt. I have two lever action marlin's, they are my favorite rifles. Looks like you had a good time.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I have a lever action 444 Marlin, love that rifle and took many deer with it, great brush round when I hunted the coast range.
  7. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

That is really cool. I have seen them but never been around when one was fired. Did you hit anything? :D
  8. chucktx

the rounds were 45/70. that means the caliber of the bullet is 45 with 70 grains of powder in the shell. and yes it was very accurate. they had some 12x12 targets set at 100 yds and 200 yds. once set, it hit nearly every time..........
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thats just as cool as you can get , you must have had a blast shooting it
  10. chucktx

ya, i want one or two........one on the front porch, one on the rear!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol
  11. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Chuck:
    Did I run across you in Glocktalk forum? Seems I saw a ChuckTX on that forum also. Just curious.
  12. chucktx

nope, not me..........i dont own any tactical tupperware!!!!!!lol lol lol guess there is another chucktx in Texas!!!!!!!! lol