1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gave my notice yesterday

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

February 25th is my last day in corporate America. No longer will I have to receive e-mails telling me to remain positive and productive despite the fact that they're taking away benefits and any security I may have thought I had. When they take awaythose things (not that I've ever felt security from an employer), why work for someone else?

I'm going to be a full time biker chick. I have a bunch of classes lined up and am starting to heavily promote t-shirt quilts and related items, and maybe I can get the online magazine to a point where I can either get someone to publish it or make money somehow. I took off a month earlier than planned to write my book, so there's that too.

I'm free! Almost...:D
  2. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

That's a big step and I wish you all the best. I'm sure you'll do great.
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Good luck!!! Sounds like quite an adventure!
  4. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Good luck. I hope it all works out for you.
  5. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

wasn't it about a year ago that you had finished a cross country tour on motorcycle, THEN quit a job in the east to move west and ended up in CO??? You are a braver soul then I!!!!
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Well good luck cause you don't know if anythink will work till you try it , You've taken big steps before & did real good so go for it , & I'am sure you have a guarden angel looking after you , Just dod'nt forget to drop in on us here :D
  7. mtlakehog

mtlakehog New Member

You'll never know if you don't try.
    Good Luck!!!
  8. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Best of Luck to ya>>> It's a big step, but one I'm sure you'll enjoy in all respects... Peace!!!:)
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

a big congrats to ya abby.....a big step there, but i know you are up to the task!!! you have all it takes to make it in life. you are a great writer with a knack to hold anybodys attention. good luck in all that you do...keep in touch!!!
  10. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

You got a lotta jam, good for you. I wished I had half your nerve. You'll be allright, that can do spirit will carry the day but good luck and best wishes anyway and you get to do what you like...:)
  11. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

Well if ya ever get down Wichita Falls way you know the wife and I got a bed and Breakfast for ya Good Luck:D

Tiny
  12. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Best of luck Abby! Feel free to contact me and I can help you out with the steps toward site promotion for your online magazine.
  13. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Sounds like the right thing - so don't slow down to look back. Best of luck to you. Ya got a lot of us here pulling for you, so don't forget that if you need a hand-up during this new journey.

I'll be real glad to buy a few first run editions of your upcoming book!

:cheers:
  14. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good luck there Abby. I remember when I went one my own years ago, I've never looked back. There will be tough times ahead but I also think your tough and a strong enough lady to overcome what's ahead and make it work. I'd love and be proud to own your book when it comes out. :)
  15. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

You guys are the best! :D

I'm sure most people think I'm nuts for leaving a job in this economy, but they're going for their second round of layoffs now. Everything is changing, and I can't continue to sit around and fret that things aren't working out like I want them to. Between the wreck, which I was so lucky to be so slightly injured, and the guy I knew getting killed in November, I can't allow myself to continue to be manipulated by the man.

Who knows what the future will bring for anyone? I keep reading quotes about freedom and risk-taking and fighting for what you believe in. The time has come! I need to do this before I'm too old. :roflmao:
  16. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Gotta love this girl... She is strong as all hell out and doing what she believes in.... I love that!!!:)
  17. Birdman

Birdman New Member

Old

Your never to Old, Just some times you need a kick in the ass to get you moving, Have a great day and keep moving, you'll get there.
  18. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hey birdman........how about a pic of your trike???????:)
  19. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

Good luck Abby. Hope to see you out there on the road. Put me down for a copy of that book when you finish it. Just looked at your magazine...I think it is great and should be a hit. Just sent the link to my wife. I know she'll like it, too. Besides here on Bike-talk, how are you getting it out there to readers? Sure hope you can get it producing for you. You've got a lot of writing talent (technical talent, as well), hoping you can maintain the freedom (time to write) to exploit it.
  20. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I did something similar to you Abby. I quit my job in February of 2002 and moved into my cousins house in northern CA. I had been living near Detroit for 7 years and was hating life. I quit the best paying job I've ever had, but I just couldn't stand it anymore.

Before I left I bought a new GMC truck and loaded up the HD (that was already paid for) and left. Everyone didn't think I would do it and called me crazy but when the day came to say goodbye they all wished they could do the same thing.

I got to my cousins house and set up the computer to look for a new job and then the Enron scandle hit and the economy took another dump. I didn't start my new job until July and I am still with them. It was all worth it.

The best of luck to you.