1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gear Drive vice replacing shoes

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by EGlide, Apr 10, 2006.

1. EGlide

EGlide New Member

I have a 2002 FLHTCI with about 30 000 miles. I know that sooner or later I am going to have to either replace the shoes or swap with gear drives. The funny part is the dealers quote 4 to 5 hours of labor for either the gear swap or shoe replacement.

I am leaning towards the gear swap. I have been looking at the S&S 510G kit and now the Kuryakan Wild Things TC1-G. Want to retain the low and mid range torque. I like the advertising the the wild things cam indicates, but have not heard any reviews.

My local dealers indicate that since the cam chest is open I should inspect the oil pump and replace the lifters. DP has a great deal on the Fueling pump and lifter combo. For the cost of replacing the stock lifters and possibly worn parts with the pump I would rather invest in the Fueling combo. I think I will just need some adjustable push rods to finish the parts list.

Have any of you installed or know of the Wild Things TC-1G? My bike has a stock ECM, Hooker true duals, screaming eagle stage 1 breather, PC IIr and a professional custom Dyno tune.

CD and Sam, look at my "in basket" when you get a chance and let me know what you think. You can PM me if you desire.

Mike;)
  2. Seahag

Seahag New Member

The KuryAkyn wild things cams seem to be really popular with members at Harley Tech Talk. Try asking over there. Its a fairly new product line; and many people would rather stick with the tried and true Andrews & S&S....but several members over at HTT have tried them and like the wild things cams.

http://groups.msn.com/harleytechtalk/tc88fathead.msnw