1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gearing

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, May 30, 2012.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

My 94 softail runs to hight RPM , from the sound of the enging , no tack , I counted 70 teeth on the rear sprocket rear tirs is the 130-16 around 70-75 engine sounds to be running high rpms , what would a good size sprocket for the rear to bring the rpms down a bit ? for better cruseing around 75-80 either one or two up NOT looking for a top end speed demen , & excep maybe a EV 27 cam this is all I want to do withthe engine
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

What about going to a 6 speed OD AKA Jireh AKA Midwest Ultima 6 speed
    or changing the primary gears to change the ratio which means you don't have to pull inner primary or belt.

I did a sprocket change, clutch outer basket and comp gear

ALso had a 6 speed from Ultima, it woudn't take the 124's power but it should
    take your stock bikes power easy... Direct bolt in, don't get the gear set, get the whole tranny ($499) you pull out your gearset and put the ultima right in the box...
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sounds like a plan!!
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks HRK I'll check into that