1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Geezer glide dyno results

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by baggerpaul, Jul 7, 2012.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Well got to say not bad for a touring heavy pig . And a dyno that always humbles the boys that come in with what they think is a super fast bike lol . 99.65hp ! And 98 .5 torque and that's. At 95 deg in the dyno room out of the box jetting.cv.44 and buy the way wide open throttle is dead nut on at 13 af ratio low speed is a little fat but will leave it alone don't spend much time in the low rpm range cruise is perfect . Could have gone for the glory pull and lean it a bit and got much more out of it or done the pull at colder temps and got .much more out of this motor put some timing in it and what knot . But who cares . For what it is peanut cams in there .495 510 lift . That's awesome numbers.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

That should pick up some when it cools down in October

nice run, post the dyno sheets when you can.
  3. baggerpaul

Will do ! Gonna load them up on the pc.gotta stop by my buddy shop on Monday and get the drivers loaded on there pc on Monday. For the printer . For some reason they did not get saved during the upgrade on the dyno . To be honest I don't see any diffrence in the way it is working from the last dyno . Lol other than the eddy brake is more sensitive and this dyno has allways been greedy on the numbers. Lol I call it the make ya cry dyno. And make ya work dyno
  4. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Nice numbers....a lil toasty in the room,eh...lol....Post the sheets and the build...might have a few people want to copy that set up:cool:
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Really nice numbers. Give the bike a good tune and you may pick up more. ?:cool:

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
  6. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

GREAT numbers baggerpaul and you'll be lovin' the extra "grunt".:D
    Danny
  7. baggerpaul

98 ci flat top pistons . Kirbys street port I chose to have bronze guides installed and late model behive springs and valves chosen by kirby .1.900. Intake 1.585 exhaust .mike rolland Tc2g cams heads milled down 76 cc . Got a little over horse per cube. And 1 foot lb per cube .not bad picked up a little over 25 horse from the 88 with cams and exhaust
  8. hotroadking

No replacement for displacement...
  9. baggerpaul

You know that's correct. Unless we are building turbo motors lmfao.
  10. hotroadking

true

However NOS and Blowers are substitutes for displacement, maxing
    out the charge, compressing it or making it denser in order to increase the
    power potential.

So you can put either on a bigger engine and go even faster LOL
  11. baggerpaul

well hopefully you can see them . the green line is the new run . the others are the 88 no head work stock bore just cams .
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  12. Lucifer

A little hard for these old eyes to see;)...I checked out the cam specs... 50*intake close and a pretty long exhaust duration 248*(compared to the intake)...

If you didn't shave the chambers down to 76cc would that be a little soft down low?? What's the cranking pressure??

I really can't see it very well, where does the torque start coming on??
  13. baggerpaul

if you guys look at the sheets . and look at the curves thats two to diffrent exhaust systems . and yet they have allmost the same curves . one is a dual rinehart the other is a 2-1 modified baffle rinehart . guess the step in the duals kinda made to work the same way ? whatcha think hrk?
  14. baggerpaul

ya the late intake close is his thing . but lsa comes in to play with his cams as well . i ride to the right a bit lol . and the 3.37 gearing does not hurt it . about 2800 with this combo is were it likes to be . roll ons are amazing . i cruise at 3000 at 70 mph . but if you look at the curve it carrys a loooong time!
  15. baggerpaul

airfilter on cold wide open throttle . lets not forget its a cv so with the airfilter on i cant hold the slide up . 185 . cold i could get away with a dome piston with these cams but i did not want to have a ping monster when hot .
  16. Lucifer

I've noticed that about his cams, got it backwards 248* intake 242*exhaust. Would 106 and 107 be considered a tight LSA??

Nice combo...it does have long legs(gotta love that;):cool:) So it really likes to take off from highway speeds... That could get me in big trouble up here... lol
  17. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Cool results Paul! I like it a lot. :thumbup:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
  18. Lucifer

That's a good safe pressure...it's what I'm hoping mine will show when I check it...I kinda went the other way going as far to the right as possible
  19. baggerpaul

that would be a diffrence of opinion .lol the stockers and lots of aftermarket grinds are . less thean a hundred . witch pull quick but run out of breath unless you run big lift . i could run more cam with closer intake opening but its a touring bike and im over 95.ft pounds at 3200 rpm . and it carrys im fine with it im sure i could lean it out and make more torque at lower rpms and add some timing in that area . but ill start to break chit its a heavy bike lol . it comes out the hole dam good for what it is . it will run with some big motors . some of my buds have . it still has throttle at 100 . sounds real nice on the dyno gets to 130 real nice on the dyno very quick to get there . lol
  20. Lucifer

Hmmmm, ya got me thinking now LOL...3.37 gearing would be a must for this combo,yes??