1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Gel Seat

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by ladyharley, May 22, 2007.

1. ladyharley

ladyharley New Member

Anyone got any ideas on a homemade type cushion or gel seat for putting on motorcycle seat? This is a rush for the Red River Rally. Don't have a local store that carries a gel seat.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

You can find a piece of memory foam & put A piece of black cloth around it , A terry cloth towel works real good
    :cool:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

you can get them at a bicycle shop....different sizes and shapes. they attach with straps and elastic
  4. Seahag

Seahag New Member

Which Red River rally? I ask because I'm in Minnesota and I know the Red River runs along our western border up to Canada...I used to live in Fargo/Moorehead where it floods nearly every spring....So do you live in the area?
  5. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

sea hag,
    i think its in new mexico,
    there is a ski resort in new mexico, and if that is were its at. that is gonna be one kickin ralley.......
    i could be wrong though, the reason i say that is i have skied there many times.......what an awsome bike ride that would be,i have made that trip when the roads were covered with snow, never when it was beautiful.....

TRG
  6. Seahag

Seahag New Member

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. This forum has always seemed pretty southwest dominated; which is why the Red River remark caught my eye.
  7. ladyharley

ladyharley New Member

Yes Red River is by Taos, NM The famous Red River Bike Rally....

I'm getting prepared for hail, snow, and rain :-(
  8. ladyharley

ladyharley New Member

Texas Road Glide...the rally you're thinking of is the Golden Aspen, formerly known as Aspencade, in the resort of Ruidoso. It is a cluster F*&^ of bikes and crazy riders. I have been many many times and don't particulary enjoy it due to the small town and high number of bikes. Not like Sturgis at all. This year the cops have issued (last news report) 244 tickets to bikers. Red River is a blast of a rally in northern NM.
  9. ladyharley

ladyharley New Member

Seahag..

I live in the southwest of NM near Holloman Air Force base..Alamogordo/La Luz to be precise. Ruidoso is only 30 minutes away, Cloudcroft resort is only 20 minutes away, the Red River Rally is about 334 miles from where I live. NM has the most awesome scenery and road for riding, if you don't mind dirt :)
  10. ReeseSS

ReeseSS New Member

What I did not like about a Gel seat, being in Florida, is it becomes a thermos when you park in the sun...absorbs all the heat and holds it! The Gel will also harden up and go bad much sooner in a warm climate.
  11. ladyharley

ladyharley New Member

ReeseSS - Thanks..good to know up side and down side....It does get pretty hot in the sun here.
  12. SK

SK New Member

I've been to Red River, NM a couple of times. Once staying there for a couple of nights in June '98, then a day ride from Taos, NM in June '04. Pretty country. I ski, but haven't been there in the winter.

When's the rally? I'm in Colorado at the moment and riding down through NM next week on my way to Tucson, AZ. Red River is east of where my destination currently is, but that can always change. :cool:
  13. ladyharley

ladyharley New Member

14. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

lady,

is this your first bike???
    do you ride it to work??
    or is it just an exspencive toy?? smirking
    i think that is so awsome that you are willing to work on "YOUR" bike.......

TRG
  15. cowboy

ladyharley , enjoy your ride to the rally , NM has some pretty awsome roads to ride , I used to ride all over there long before there where more then just two rally's in this county ( I 'am from Albuquerque)
  16. ladyharley

ladyharley New Member

Tx Road Glide... Yes I ride it to work...(tired of riding on the back *evil grin"). I've been riding dirt bikes since a kid. Chose to get a big toy. I rode to Sturgis last from here. Exhausting but well worth it. Actually, I'm mechanically inclined...even with computers, I can build them and troubleshoot them. Lucky I have the aptitude and still be a Lady :) Been to quite a few rallies. To me, the bike is something to "cherish" and I get hesitant starting a change, do to the fact of not having worked on them. However, cars are easier for me to work on...so the aptitude is there.
  17. ladyharley

ladyharley New Member

So Cowboy, you must be familiar with Alamogordo, southwest?
  18. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

if you get a chance go threw colo and get one bilt at bitchinstichin
  19. cowboy

so ladyharley, did you have a good time at the R-R-R ?
  20. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yes, ladyharley....inquiring minds would like to know..........:)