1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Getting the trip bag ready

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, Jun 7, 2007.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

I've been putting my trip back stuff back-together....tools....first aid... extra plug wires...tie straps..plugs etc...anybody got any new out there they find useful? got all the usual stuff...never know somebody might have something that helps.///oh yeah I always keep the cell on the handlebars for time and just in case a call from home....ya never know.
    I put i tall in a tupperware dish now. oh yeah duct tape and electrical tape.
    thanks
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Don't know Voodoo, that sounds like a pretty good care package to me. If I think of anything else I'll be sure to post it.

BTW, how did the license plate deal work out? I'm assuming OK??
  3. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

maybe some dry gas in case you get some water, or if you can drink it while your broke down and all else fails. and something i saw the other day at a bicycle shop where some handy small, fairly cheap devices for flat tires. in fact i noted a few other things which you don't normally see at the steeler which could be handy:drunk:
  4. Peyts

Peyts New Member

I always carry a set of motorcycle booster cables... otherwise I think you got everything!
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

one of those shake up flashlilghts....never needs batteries.....my batteries are always dead when i need a light.....
  6. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

yeah the flash light

that is a good one that does happen... thanks for the comments. I did not put that plate bracket on. the cables and flat kits are good to have too.

later all:cool:
  7. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I got one of those head band flash lights for putting up a tent in the dark. It's great cause you can use both hands to put the tent up. I look like a dork with them on, but since my girlfriend calls me that all the time anyway :bicker: I got used to it and don't care what I look like, specially when it is late and I'm tired.

I also carry these special straps for the handle bars in case you have to get towed. I don't trust that all flatbed drivers are going to have a pair or a good way to hook onto the handle bars. I think I got them at the steelership. I know I've seen them there.

Extra bugy cords.

I have never carried the can of fix-a-flat but have always thought it was a good idea. I don't know if it works for tube tires.

Don't forget the beer cozzy :D
  8. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

i'm told :confused: it isn't much good if you have a tube
  9. chucktx

i have used it in a tube tire....on a harley. i had a nail hole. once ya get it inflated with the stuff, climb on and dont stop until you are where ya goin, as it wont last to long sitting still, keep the tire rotating and it holds pretty good. definatley a get off the hiway fix only!!!!! oh ya, and there is a pretty good mess on the inside when ya do get to take the tire and tube out....be forwarned!!!! lol lol
  10. RedinFL

RedinFL New Member

I like to carry a syphon hose and it has been used quite a few times.
  11. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Red Bull, Bug Spray (so ya can stop and enjoy the various views), a small radio, maybe even a portable CB.
  12. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

a cell phone charger might come in handy:rolleyes:
  13. chucktx

NOW ya know why i got a trailer..........hell of a list eh????? best thing is to figure out the size of your tote bag, then put the items in a order of imprortance, then figure out what ya can carry.......love this brainstormin......
  14. Red Rider

I have to agree with Larry the Cable Guy on motorcycle trailers.........sorry.........:roflmao:
  15. chucktx

and what does larry have to say???:confused: :)
  16. Red Rider

Quoting Larry the Cable Guy:

"Ya ever see those big-azz motorcycles going down the road pulling trailers? I got one thing to say to them: get a car, Jackass!"
    :roflmao:
  17. chucktx

18. Red Rider

Well, you asked...............

But really, the best things to pack are a couple hundred $$ and a major credit card. Then you can pack real light.
  19. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

and still need the trailer, cuz you will come home heavy!!! :devil: :D
  20. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

standardize

i've been going over the bike and replacing torx type with stainless allen type. figure it could make things less confusing along that dark road of dispair while i'm doing my repair looking for a spare wishing i had a bigger pair:devil: