1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

getting tired of the two time starts

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Aug 22, 2005.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Not sure what is up .(02 wide glide/carb) this one is more sensitive to something either it starts as soon as ya hit the switch or turns then slight spit-like/sneeze then whilrs over a bit the fires up.... (stage 1) and bike has been tuned to the hilt!!(LOL) runs great just whirl spit/(sneeze actually) then whirl whirl maybe give a bit a of gas an tah dah!!!! (hot starts/short restarts often seems like) no problems other than this bike has done it more often than any other HD I have had. never studders or hesitates..but.... hey I love my carbs!!!! Any one got some new secret tricks..is it possible that when/if the valve(s) are a bit open it causes this?
    Often thought that and never bothered me before but for some reason after all these years it has gotten to me but not going injected!!!!! nope no way!!!
    I only wanna flash on a my camera or get flashed..I 'll stick carbs and can't help it..no offense but the next logical progression to me for HD should have been water cooled first. we do have the RODS but not for me either..
  2. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Whirl Whirl Whirl Clank Vrooom

Yes, that sounds just like my cycle the last week or so. I thought it was because it has been a zillion degrees outside, O.K , maybe not a zillion degrees. :eek: