1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ghosts

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Red Rider, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

So my wife, son and I did a run to Virginia City on the 4th and stayed in a place in Gold Hill, about a mile south. We enjoyed the sights and spent some cash, making the locals happy and having a good time. I got back from the bar (walked) a bit late and joined up with her right at bed time. About 3 in the morning I hear her get up and walk around - not that unusual, ya know, women. So I'm thinking that I may as well get up, too, especially since she is being so loud about it.

Except she wasn't. I was listening to all the walkin' and stompin' around and was kinda getting disturbed at her being so noisy, me being a grump about that kinda thing, and so as I got moving to get up I hit her leg with mine and discovered she was still right there next to me. Now I know ya'll can say I was still UI or such, but I know what I heard and that is that. So I got up, just to make sure it wasn't a stranger or something. Nope. Wasn't the kid, either (he was soundly asleep downstairs). Turns out I was staying in a place known for weird stuff. I guess that was some of that.

After making sure it wasn't a threat from the living, I went back to sleep. Not worried about the dead, it is the living that screw up this life. Actually thought it was kinda cool, except I do value my sleep!:roflmao:
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Cool story, have had similar incidents in my old house.

Thats about how I handle perceived ghost presense...like you said...its not the dead you have to worry about.....
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I have seen or heard this type of stuff more then once in my life , In different towns or city's
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I should've been clearer that the place I stayed was a single occupancy bungalow, and the nearest other guests were in similar houses about 30ft away - all well insulated for the mountain weather.

I'd heard indistinct voices that night, too, but was sure they weren't in the room. The footsteps were in the room.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

theres a small town in SE NM that has a café /hotel built in the 1900 's that has the trouble with the unknow , you can here foot steps & all up stairs , they will wake ya up from a sound sleep & make wonder who or what :eek: