1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Global Warmin

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jan 9, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Only got one Question.

Where is Al Gore and all the Global Warmin people and the Icebergs melting at?

I would dare them to come out today, I would throw rocks at them.

Something has got to be done with this Cold Weather.

Its 16* here.
    I have no use for it to be that cold.:rant:
  2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

as I've been saying this global warming is freezing me to death.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Its really amazing that its warmer here in western Oregon than Texas that has got to be a first. It going to be 50 F here tomorrow and going riding. 50 is still cold but sure beats 16. Sorry its so cold there but glad it ain't here. Hope winter ends soon for everyone.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

the truth be known, i hope it lasts for a bit. it will kill off the bug larve that lives in the grass and leaves and ponds.....mosquitos, knats,flys.....we have had some pretty mild winters for a while and the bugs are really nasty. this good cold snap should help eliminating the little critters!
  5. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

cardboard, I have to admit he's from my state :puke:and truth be known, he's sitting at home WITH THE HEAT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gah:
  6. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

I hear ye! Go for a good ride and enjoy it - 50 degrees - that's GREAT! We just got back from a HOG party and it 15 degrees. I about got all the smow off the driveway today.
  7. FLHTbiker

We got our HOG chapter party this next weekend and looking forward to it.

Gotta wash the bike tomorrow to get all the mud off it from the ride last week in the down pouring rain in the funeral. Looking forward to a warmer dry ride tomorrow.
  8. cardboard

Wish I could git my bike out of the garage from November and wash it.:D
  9. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

yep going to be 50 here today am getting ready to call a buddy and go for putt.
  10. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Went for a ride yesterday in search of warm weather. I headed south on route 15 to Temecula then headed into the hills. I road 300 miles and never warmed up. I had to put my chaps on with the heavy leather jacket I already had on and never took them off. I went over the hills of the Anza-Borrego State Wilderness area into the desert just north of Mexico. Road all the way to the Salton Sea before I gave up on the warming up part and headed home. Sorry for not having my camera.

It was a good ride anyway and I kept thinking that in 40 years these Harleys will be electric and I wont be able to do more than 50 miles without stopping for a 6 hour charge.:rant: I guess that don't matter since I'll be 90 then.:D
  11. cardboard

Not meanin to change the subject.

But I hear all the automakers has abanded diesels for cars.
    The enviormentalist thinks when a diesel blows black smoke that they polute.

Got a buddy that is s diesel mechanic on big diesels and on ships.
    He has worked closely with the EPA, and the EPA has even passed diesels that blew out black smoke out the stacks.
    Black smoke has sulfur in it. Sulfur is also what lubricates the injectors.

The enviromentalist don't want the diesels to be able to smoke.

Know what all runs on diesel engines.
  12. FLHTbiker

Just got back from our ride today. Six of us guys headed into the back roads through the country side and forests. We stopped at Calamity Jane's in Sandy OR for lunch, dang good food. Good ride today, couple areas of some fog but dry and 48-50 for this time of year ain't bad. :D
  13. cardboard

This is what somebody else posted.

The hucksters don't even call it global warming anymore .... especially since the world isn't warming, it's cooling. Now they're calling it climate change.

I know Al Gore .... huckster extraordinare won't debate Lord Christopher Monckton. Monckton being one of the leading crtitcs and sceptics. Not that I ever thought Gore was an auhtority on anything except stuff his wallet.

For you reading enjoyment. And one things is for sure .... there IS NO consensus and the science isn't settled, not the debate.

Some of Monkton's writings ... http://scienceandpub...y.org/monckton/

http://www.energytri...?aid=970&idli=3

http://www.heartland...g_Alarmism.html

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/
  14. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Woke up to 12º this morning in N.C. & it's supposed to go down to 13º tonite. TV weather gal said it's the longest cold spell for this area (around Charlotte) in 33 years & in fact, it has been cooling a little bit for a decade.

As to your diesel comments, Cardboard, I read a couple road tests on VW's new TDI turbo-diesels, which were developed from Audi's racing technology & they have lower emissions than a Toyota Prius hybrid! I've got a '98 Dodge/Cummins diesel pickup & it didn't come with a catalytic converter from the factory 'cause it doesn't need one. The low-sulfur fuel out now isn't good for an older model like mine though - I add a qt. of ATF to every tank.
  15. cardboard

I was talkin about american auto mfg.
    And I know about the low sulfur in diesels.
    Got 2 powerstrokes. 97 and 99.
    I use

Lucas Fuel Treatment : Lucas Oil - Lucas Fuel Treatment
  16. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

man a heat wave is comming only down in the low 20's tonight & mid 40's tomorrow
  17. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

cowboy - send some of that heat up here - Temps haven't seen the high side of 20 for over two weeks and with 8 inches of snow on the ground I can't even get out to the barn to polish the ride or work on it. The polar bear ride was canceled also cause the ice on the roads was rising hell with the cagers. Ya thihk they would be able to handle it - but every winter it's the same ole thing; dozens of wrecks from 4-wheelers who otta know better. Come on Spring!!:rolleyes:
  18. cardboard

Wait till thursday, its gonna be near 60*
  19. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

may have to get the ol' scoot out and blast by your place!!!!!!!!! lol lol
  20. cardboard

Cool !

Its 18* here and its 33 miles from yer house to mine..

Come on dude.

but don't look for me to come outside.:rolleyes: