1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Good Goggles

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Red Rider, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I'm in the market for some quality goggles for those windshield-off days, and would like recommendations on what make from those that actually wear goggles. I currently use some off-brand semi-wind blocking sun glasses, but they let too much wind in, especially when going into a NV dust storm headwind. Thoughts? I'm really hoping to hear from those of ya that have goggles that you're REALLY happy with.
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i dont use them, but ya may want to mention if they need to fit over prescription glasses or not. maybe some interchangable lens....day/nite...:)
  4. stevenh

stevenh New Member

5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

UPDATE - Panoptix

I bought the Panoptix "Diablo" day-night convert-a-goggle ones during Street Vibes. They were perfect for the changing conditions - bright sun, dark clouds, looming shadow of a humongous tumbleweed..:eek: ..and with the strap tightend a tiny bit the foam goggle part really kept the dust out of my eyes, too. I don't wear glasses, but they can be Rx'd - and I may need that someday.

Taking the foam insert in & out is easy enough. Just a minor hassle on what to do with the dang thing when it isn't in - fills a shirt pocket pretty much and probably wouldn't last long in a pants pocket. And the case is far too big for regular pockets. Good to have stow space on the bike for it.
  6. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

I've had a pair of Panoptx for 5 yrears. Wouldn't trade em for nothing. Even at 100mph:rocket_bike: , no wind or dust in the eyes. I have the day/night lenses and the foam eyecup can be removed so you can wear them like regular sunglasses. :cool:
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I wear glasses already or I would be blind as a bat. I found a great pair of dark glasses called Fit-Overs. Yep that's right they fit over my prescription glasses. They are great and have side covers. I bought two pairs one for each bike.
  8. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I wear glaser style glasses whith inter changeable lenses bolles with the wire rap for the ear about hundred but I love them I do want to try the transition style goggles though so I don't have to stop and change at sun down.
  9. ReeseSS

ReeseSS New Member

I wear glasses so went with "Airfoil" over glasses goggels. The fit is great, and they are vented so they will not fog up when moving. They have tinted with that finish that looks like a mirror from the outside, and clear ones also for night. I do not like the looks of the other over glasses goggels I have seen, but do like the looks of these.
  10. fxdxsteve

fxdxsteve Active Member

I wear prescription ray bans that I got at lenscrafters 1set sunglasses 1 set clear for night
  11. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

When I have the windshield on I use regular shades but I actually found a pair of goggles that I use for the days without the windshield or when its raining at Menards....cost $12 I bought clear cause I figured I wouldnt need the shades if its dark or raining... I commented before on this forum that I got my rain gear from Menards too for $14....you cant beat the price & its pretty decent stuff. Just cause the Motorcycle says "H-D" on the side dont mean ya gotta spend a Hunnerd-Dollars !!
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I also were glasses I was just starting to look for some goggles , just some clear ones that will fit right over my glasses guess I try to see what the airfoil look's like & see if I can find menards on the puter
  13. DJJK

DJJK New Member

I Use A Pair Of Goggles Made By Pacific Coast..check Out Them On Line Pacificcoast.com....mine Are Air Foil Style...u Can Get A Better Price Shopping From Other Stores Online