1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Got a ride in

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Feb 2, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Left yesterday at 7:30 AM was cold but sunny. Meant up with a few other Road Captain members from the Chapter and we rode until mid afternoon. Warmed up to low 50's but wearing the chaps and FXRG jacket plus had the heated grips and seat on :) Was sunny all day and really nice for this time of year. Next week cold air from Canada is coming down and we won't get above freezing for three days.

Felt really good to be back on the bike though and I did check the air pressure before riding and good thing air pressures were down 8 pounds.
  2. olbill

olbill Active Member

I got the Ultra back Thurs. i sure smoothed out the ride replacing that R.R. air shock i can't believe what Harley gets for those things sure am glad i got the ESP.I had Joey do the 30K it's the first time since the 1000 mile service the dealer has serviced it.I was to lazy to do it my self i too ti out yesterday and had a good putt a day like yesterday is what it is all about.

OLBill
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

What shock did you put in???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  4. olbill

olbill Active Member

They just replaced the factory air shock it blew a seal and got all over the rear brakes and of course i had to pay for the new pads fare wear and tear. they had 30000 on them about time
  5. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Texas between Fort Worth and Wichita Falls
    We got snow all day yesterday but I got a 139 mile PGR mission in Saturday just before this all hit. I was froze solid by the time I got home and that's with heated jacket and gloves. Face and neck mainly just pulling the heat out.
  6. Fatboy128

Snowing all day today. Yesterday 49 degrees. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391465559.833476.jpg

7. FLHTbiker

We had snow flakes this morning but didn't stick
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

sheezh now he's gonna go around tellin all the women
    he measured out 9 inches of white....
  9. Fatboy128

Good eye deer!

10. Fatboy128

There is a moment or two when I appreciate snow. Just a moment or two, NO MORE!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391523019.341413.jpg

11. FLHTbiker

HRK look at the ruler closer it's more like 8.5 :D

Fatboy been snowing here all afternoon but only sticking to the grass. When the sun goes down its supposed to get down to 20. Hmmm, I'm gonna kill you for sending your weather to us. :mooning: :facepalm: :p
  12. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Same here, few errands in the morning, not out of 30s till about 11am so went and got truck inspected. Road from just before lunch till about 4pm, turned sunny and mid 50s. Great to be out, only a hand full of days out since Christmas. Back cold and rainy with snow for the this weekend...FB, don't see how you stand it!
  13. FLHTbiker

Were getting Fatboys Arctic blast this week, gonna be down to 13 one night. Supposed to have more snow on Saturday. Oh well, it's still winter. :(