1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Great Day For A Ride Today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Oct 13, 2013.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Weather was really nice here in Oregon today including the coast. Put on 360 miles on the bike with Old Bill and a couple others. Simply beautiful day out.

image.jpg
    Tomflhrci98 likes this.
  2. olbill

olbill Active Member

I agree with you Marc today was perfect good friends and great bike's very fine

Olbill
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

That's a lot of miles for just puttin' around, boys. Good to hear ya'll got out and on a great day, too.
  4. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Yup...Took a ride to the lower Catskills...Great day...
  5. joshbob

Started walking a little more now that the shovel is down for a while. I ain't seen the sun shine since I don't know when . . .
  6. FLHTbiker

It's going to be in the 70's this Thursday and OlBill, Maddog and a couple of others plus myself will be doing a day ride. Plus this weekend the weather will continue to be good and the chapter is riding over MT Hood and over to Hood River to a fall harvest festival. We are really lucky to have this weather and believe me we're going to take advantage of it.
    There was snow on the pass over MT Hood just last week so we are really lucky. I'm sure it's going to get worse in the coming weeks and won't be riding as much but like I stated we're taking advantage of it. :)
  7. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I imagine Oregon and upper New England are very similar in mountaineous views. That picture alnmost looks like the upper hudson river valley over here in upstate NY/VT.
  8. FLHTbiker

Its a picture from on overlook looking down onto the Columbia River Gorge. If you look close you can see I-84, it follows the river until the river turns and heads into Washington. State of WA is one the left and Oregon is on the right. It's pretty close to where we live, maybe a 30-45 minute ride.
  9. joshbob

Yes, I remember the skies there being overcast and rainy a lot. Snow in the higher elevations. I'd be taking advantage of the good weather, too. Sometimes I miss being on the west coast. The Monterey Bay area was my favorite place to live out there.
  10. FLHTbiker

Josh, it doesn't rain here all the time. Most of the summers here are dry with some of the best riding anywhere in the country. We are supposed to get a dry but cold winter this year. So that means more riding for us and less skiing for the winter snow skiers.
    It does rain here won't denie that but it's what makes it so beautiful here. Better than the dry arid deserts.
  11. olbill

olbill Active Member

Marc is that your new old springer in the back ground?
    OLBill
  12. FLHTbiker

Yep, I still have it to
  13. FLHTbiker

image.jpg

Today 6 of us rode up the Clackamas River over to Detroit Lake for Lunch and then ice cream. The ride started off very cold even my heated grips on number 6 setting weren't warm enough. The ride back was 60 F. Cleared up and was a beautiful ride with lots of fall colors out.

Homemade beef stew with home made biscuits then over across the street to the ice cream shop. Huckleberry ice cream, very good.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg View attachment 8190
  14. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks like a nice day...
  15. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

I'm sure glad you are posting pics, FLHTbiker, it has been cold and damp here and it is nice to know somewhere someone is riding more than just back and forth to work. Very nice scenery. First one one on the thread looks great.
  16. joshbob

Yeah it's great country up there, and it doesn't hurt that FLHT knows how to take a good picture. FLHT, 60 degrees is my cut off point for riding; gets too cold for these ol' bones in the 50s which would drop the wind chill to the 40s. Well, if I had heated grips, vest, seat and a fairing & windscreen I might venture out below 60 LOL. Or if I REALLY just had to get out of the house for a while, maybe . . .
  17. FLHTbiker

We went out today and it was 72 and felt like spring
  18. joshbob

Cool. I went for another ride this afternoon and it was about 70. The taped up gas tank is holding steady LOL. Very overcast, though - I thought it might rain but it stayed dry. Tomorrow, Tattoo, me & the boys are going to the Biker Barn for free food, libations, bike show, etc.

Weather man is saying 40% chance of showers tomorrow morning. We'll see . . .
  19. FLHTbiker

We have a 70 plus sunny day for tomorrow so the chapter is riding up over Government Camp pass on MT Hood to Parkdale which is on the back side of MT Hood for their fall harvest festival. Pass is only 4500 feet so should be open as far as snow. We're thinking possibly 50-70 riders so going to be a big group. I'll be doing Road Captain duties so not a lot of time for pictures.
  20. FLHTbiker

Rode down to the Tavern tonight with four friends for a couple brews, dinner and general BS. Just got back home and it was still warm enough out that didn't even get the coat out of the leather saddlebags. Can't believe how nice it is out.
    badinfluence63 likes this.