1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Great Rides

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Been thinking. In all my riding, more than 30 years of riding. What was my greatest ride? And why?

It is this one. The 2 days from Vergina to Igoumenitsa, mostly on the the old E90 through northern Greece. Why? The road is amazing. Looking down and seeing eagles below. The incredible scenery. The overnight stop in Konitsa, a stunning town on the side of mountains. And just the two of us, me and Hilary, one bike. This was the highlight of the 2008 road trip.

If anyone wants to share. What is yours?
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have quite a few, would be hard to pick one. one was not so much the ride but who i was with. 3 of us from south texas to memphis tenn. the sights and ride were good but the company was great!!!

another was this past week in arkansas.....beautiful country and great passenger!!
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

We try and do a couple of trips ever year, but one that comes to mind is one we took in 2007. We went to San Diego area from Colorado Springs, left early in the morning in late June in full leather, rode to Flagstaff, Arizona 675 miles in 12 hours, was a good day. South out of Flagstaff to the desert, it was 110 +, like to of got heat stroke. Another 500+ mile day. Third day we made to the ocean about 1:00pm. Had to turn around once cause the road was closed because of a fire. I’d never been to southern California before. Was nice close to the ocean, in laws live about a mile inland. Coming home we spent the 4th of July in Kingman, Arizona the next day went to the Sky Walk at the Grand Canyon on the Indian Reservation.
    Grand Canyon Skywalk - Walk The Sky - Home
    http://www.destinationgrandcanyon.com/skywalk.html
    The whole trip was very hot 100+ most of the time but all in all a very good trip. Just me and wife and the road. 3,000 miles in 7 days and we spent 2 days at my wife’s bothers who she hadn’t seen in 15 years, and whom I’d never met.

Attached Files: