1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Grilled cheese-stuffed jalapenos

Discussion in 'Roadkill Cafe - From Kill to Grill' started by Hot01, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

On my way up here (NW Montana), I stayed with a friend of a friend in Great Falls. They're roller derby girls. Not that it matters, but it adds a little color to the story :) Anyway, Bejay (her real name - what were her parents thinking?) made these stuffed jalapenos while I was there. I paid attention and asked a couple of questions, and when Scarley-Davidson (roller derby name) and I went to the store last night to get some things for dinner, I picked up the stuff to make them. A few modifications, and they were incredible! Ingredients amounts are approximate and are going to be based on the size and number of peppers you get.

Fresh peppers - pick them based on heat and size desired
    Cream cheese - softened
    shredded cheddar cheese (or any other kind you like)
    foil

Cut the ends off the peppers, remove seeds and any stringy stuff. Cut them in half lengthwise, keeping in mind that you want to be able to stuff both halves. Mix the cream cheese and cheddar cheese and fill the peppers with the cheese mixture.

Heat the grill on high, and then turn to low. Put the peppers directly on the grill and close the lid. This will roast the peppers. It will also soften the peppers and the cheese mixture, which may run onto the grill a little. After they're roasted, place the peppers on a piece of aluminum foil on the grill. This can be tricky, since the peppers and cheese are now kind of flimsy. Keep the grill on low and cook them for about another 10 - 15 minutes.

That's it!

These were tasty, but they'd probably be good with your favorite seasoning as well.
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

That is a winner recipe, and simple enough even for me. Can't wait to try it out.
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Wow! Sounds good. They are on my list to try.:p
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

stuffed jalepenos!!!!!!!! one of my favorites!!!! use any seasoning with the cheese.............great eats!!!!!!!!!

thanks abbby!!!!!!!!
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yes they sound good , showed it to my daughter & she'll make them with me , as she also like the sounds of these
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Next time if it's in a skillet or flat top cooker get a domed cover then when you put cheese on put ice on the surface around it and cover. The cheese will get harder and cook up better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I make something similar to those. I call the them ABT's. (Atomic Buffalo Terds).

I wrap bacon around mine and instead of a grill I put them on the smoker. Yummy!! I will have to try these as well.
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

try em with jalepeno cheese.........
  9. parker

parker New Member

Anything with jalapenos is great. have you ever tryied ghost peppers they are great.warning very warm.:cussing:
  10. parker

parker New Member

Never remove the seeds thats where the flavor is.:cheers:
  11. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Forgot where it was that the OL and me go, but one of the things she gits is Stuffed Japaleno peppers.
    They are pretty good.

I like them in a Omlette too.
  12. Caroline025

Caroline025 New Member

13. cardboard

Man its coolin off, well some here. Dun had homemade beef stew with vegetables and some peppers.

and its chili time again.

Was invited to eat shrimp and fish saturday where I went to a Birthday party.

And the wife brought some gumbo back from New orleans friday
  14. cardboard

Man its coolin off, well some here. Dun had homemade beef stew with vegetables and some peppers.

and its chili time again.

Was invited to eat shrimp and fish saturday where I went to a Birthday party.