1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Grimlins

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by shttysmitty, May 18, 2013.

1. shttysmitty

shttysmitty Member

I got tired of screwen with the starter cause its time to ride, I still had that short to find and was beaten my brains out lookin for it when my wife called and told me - screw that bike for a while and go fishin so you can get your mind rite. I came back from the lake three hrs. later and that sum-bich fell together and fired on the secon kik. dammit, sommtimes they can make goog decisions. I'll be in the wind soon as the rain leaves an som sun comes out.
  2. Sir Rat

Sir Rat Active Member

Sometimes the best we can do is to walk away n come back later with a fresh perspective...guess this was just one of those times. Glad you got it figured out. Enjoy yer ride

Aloha...Mike
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Good news, man. So you have a kick/electric start bike? Can't beat the kicker in some situations. When I built my shovel I could have gone with electric start and almost did. Decided to go kick start only for several reasons: less electrical stuff to go wrong and it's just plain cool for a 70 year old to still be into kick starting his own bike.

It has on rare occasion left me limping LOL. Hope you will be riding trouble free, brother.
  4. shttysmitty

shttysmitty Member

I'm gonna haf to kik it for a while and figger that eletric start out when my rebuilt knee says its time. This old shov starts on one or two kiks even on the cold days.