1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Groan

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 1988flhtc in nfld, Jun 2, 2009.

1. 1988flhtc in nfld

1988flhtc in nfld New Member

i might have had a great 13,000 kms last year, this year had some work done ,great only i still got a 21 year old bike. carb issues, clutch issues , gotta get at my pinion gear tomorrow, change that out. the clutch is shot, starts sometimes,grinds sometimes, sometimes it just spins..i put a nipple and valve into my rollbar . ill be darned, if i didnt hit a bad hole and smack it into my front fender,2"dent. haha. just think of all the expierence im gettin, last year i didnt know jack bout harleys. i think the thunder gods are lookin to make sure i get to know my bike. oh yeah my new stand spring came flyin off ,it landed about 5 ' from the bike ,so i tied on a bungee cord i finally got a new one and its an inch too long.gonna go dig out my airbrush learn to use it first fix my fender. hopefully get all this straightend out.
    did i mention i love my bike, thanks for lettin me vent.
    ride safe guys
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

wow, glad you have a sense of humor!!!!! good luck with it......if ya need a tip or two with that airbrush, let me know. i will help ya as much as i can...
  3. 1988flhtc in nfld

bout ready to go poastal,not quite. never had much expierence in things goin too easy. bit of pressure usually makes ya step up.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep it's always good to step up & get ur done right under pressure:eek:
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

yup, used to walk the edge of postal myself, then decided if ya can't win.......join:roflmao: so now it pays the bills and when all hell breaks loose I just step back and laugh and ask again whats next:roflmao:
  6. 1988flhtc in nfld

took me almost 4 hours from start to primary fill up ,it took checkin the manual to figure out the lefthand thread was left hand thread,once i got that everything went pretty easy, she fired right up. havta get at that fender soon.
  7. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cool!!!! getting dirty is FUN!!!!
  8. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Ya also forgot that when a part falls at 60 KP p/h you can now ID it in the rearview mirror.:D

Duct tape works wonders on the trip. Almost as good as having the right part, sometimes!:roflmao: