1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ground Hog nearly Kills Biker

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Aug 5, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

sure glad I ride A E glide hit a rabbit on I-10 out in west TX , just flaten it also hit a small dog did the same thing just took him out
  3. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Look at his friends speedo, never know what's around the next turn, and at 115 mph, it doesn't matter. Your not going to stop in time anyway.
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Looks to me like he grabbed to much front brake.
  5. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Wish that guy would have posted the video on Youtube instead. Those myspace sites blow and the video of course wouldn't start. If someone finds it somewhere else let me know.
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I agree with the front brake prognosis. I'd have just run the thing over, but I guess his reflexes took over.
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I look at it as an inexperienced rider and would recommend a ERC course.;)
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Target fixation?
    Not much room in a corner at speed to make a change once you've set the line hard to say what would have worked better

BTW that's not MPH got to be klm, no way that guy was running 120 MPH in those curves the scenery isn't moving that quick.

Plus note the speedo as he pulls up to stop barely moving and 50 on the speedo which is about 20 mph or so.... 100 KLH - 62 mph I think.
  9. fubar

fubar New Member

i agree on the enexperance ,seasoned rider dont ride bikes like they drive a cage =cages slow down and hit brakes , bad idea most the time on a bike ive hit a snapping turtle and grown cat at night both times i accellirated .its like fighting high winds if u let off throttle wind wins could blow u in to oncomin g traffic yuk
  10. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

I went on a ride yesterday and on the way to the meeting place I hit a chihuahua. I was able to swerve just enough to not hit it with my front tire but I still got it with the floor board. The owners reacted pretty well considering the circumstances. The woman admitted it should have been on a leash but that it was usually pretty good about staying around. It wasn't walking at first but started putting weight on it's legs when I was leaving.

At least I didn't go down. I was in a corner too but was only going about 35 at the time. If I hit with the front wheel things may have been worse.
  11. RKBud

RKBud Active Member

That looks like his tach. You can see the rpms drop to idle as soon as he sees the other rider wipe out.
    I agree on the front brake that may have caused him to spill.
    Like Rosann Rosanna Danna.....IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING