1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

H-D paint codes

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by spanky32354, Nov 26, 2005.

1. spanky32354

spanky32354 New Member

I'm going to paint the inner fairing on my 06 Road Glide to match the Deep Cobalt color. The trouble I'm having is trying to get a dealership to give me the paint code so that I can get the paint. They tell me that they don't have the codes. The dealership wants to sell me a quart of the paint for $96.45 + another $42 for the activator. They don't sell it by the pint and a quart is way more than enough. Does anyone know of a web site where I can get the 2006 paint codes???? :confused:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i listed some sites in your welcome post.......
    chuck
  3. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

Benjamin Moore can computer color match, perhaps they could help.
  4. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I went to a local auto parts store and they color matched it...BUT, I have Glacier white pearl.....and that does NOT match easily at all. I took that paint code to my local auto body place and my buddy matched the paint no problem and then he had to match the pearl by eye....did a damn good job I must say. H-D wanted about $100.00 each for the primer, paint, pearl, and the clear. They would sell me a pint of each! It was $495.00 with tax, talk about highway robbery! I didn't pay it....
  5. Noel

Noel New Member

I just painted my tour pack to match my saddle bags and I was able to buy a spray can of Harley paint from the dealer for about thirty bucks. The color was birch white and I was painting over black, it took three coats but it matches perfect. I went to our local hardware and bought a generic can of clear and a roll of matching pin stripe. It looks every bit as good as the saddle bags. Check with your dealer and ask for a spray can, it should be more than enough to do your job.
  6. maxpower_hd

maxpower_hd Active Member

The local paint supply place I use can match whatever you want and I'm sure it's cheaper than Harley.

For example, I wanted a quart of blue acrylic enamel to go with some DuPont Centari that I'm using on a project. He was able to mix something up for me for under $40. Plus he gave me something I can use the same reducers, activators, etc. with.

It pays to go to a guy that knows what he's doing.