1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

H.O.G. Jersey Roast Hog

Discussion in 'Roadkill Cafe - From Kill to Grill' started by NeilP, Jun 7, 2010.

1. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Very nice
    looks like a great time!
  3. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Great time, Done one three weekends in a row now. having a few weeks off, need a few days to myself to catch up on stuff the the pig roasting has not given me time to complete
  4. hotroadking

Well having a good time and fun will always be
    spoiled by the work that hangs around and waits on
    you at home...
  5. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Well, in this case, there is so much work involved in doing the hog, that i'd often rather be back at home doing the work...have done so many of the bloody things lately, and a few more to do in the coming weeks, that it is becoming more of a chore than the real chores. I dont do it for money, I am just too nice and cant say NO when people asked.

It is 4 or 5 hours work putting it on the spit and preparing the thing, the day before, then delivering the spit, collecting the wood, because despite telling the people exactly how much wood is required, and what sort they always get a tiny amount, usually fresh green pine or something equally useless, so I have to sort that as well. Then arriving a few hours before cooking time to get the fire prep'd and burning. Can only sit down and relax once it is on, 5-6 hours there, watching the temps, stoking the pit, etc...then chopping the bloody thing up.

I used to enjoy doing it but doing too many really now. Have nto done one for myself down our place in three years now...and every year I say...'NO MORE' and every year I relent and always end up helping people out , which really menas doing it for them.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cool pics neil........but i have to ask, what's up with the chick with the feather in her bare ass??????????????? i GOT to get to one of your party's!!!!!!!!!
  7. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

8. hotroadking

dang chuck you are gonna have to warsh yer eyes out with acid now huh LOL
  9. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

:)NeilP - Great pics - was that rally on Jersey or did ya go to the mainland?
  10. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

All pics taken in Jersey. Last time I did a rally in the UK was way back in '87

In fact probably been 10 years since I went over to the UK for anything other than work.

Normally go holidaying to France/Europe
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!! taking note.....avoid neils partys at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol lol
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ya & don't dance at all after a few cold one :puke:
  13. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Cowboy's just jealous cause he didn't think of the feathers first - Looks like a great party - I feel soory for all those HOG iders being coupe up on the Island - get into second gear and they run out of road. :roflmao::roflmao:
  14. NeilP

NeilP Active Member

Not far off the truth. We have about 350-400 miles of road, so we can still do a few runs and discovere small back roads we did not know about