1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Had a Great Conversation

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 11, 2013.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I was able to have a great conversation with another forum member on Sunday who goes by the name of Ultra200922. Ultra and I have been friends online here now for a little while now but we have never really spoken. Anyways, I have been planning on going out to Milwaukee over the 4th Holiday to go and visit the guy who sold me my Road Glide. (We stay in touch yet today and Red knows the guy as well). Anyways, I had asked Ultra if he would be interested in getting together and perhaps do a little bit of riding? I gave him my number and he called. We ended up speaking on the phone for about two hours. It was such a great conversation.

By the end of the conversation, we had set tenative plans to meet up early on the 6th and then we are going to ride most of the day I am assuming, stay over night on the 6th into the 7th, then head home from there. I am so excited, this will be a fun day! I can hardly wait. Hopefully we can do this on yearly or bi yearly basis? Options are limitless.....:cool:
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

:cool:

Hope you guys get a meet & greet. Tried to meet up with him when I made one of my runs out there a few years ago, just didn't happen. Have a good ride and we'll be looking for your post.
    :cheers:
  3. JohnnyBiker

He had said that in the summertime he is doing basically nothing but working. from talking with him I am sure that it was nothing personal. I hope that it all works out as well. I had to make a choice of making a shake down run to S.D. or go visit with him over the holiday weekend. I chose to meet up with him. I have always wanted to go see the MoCo up close. My opportunity so I took it.:cool:
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

My tender heart was so broken, I cried for DAYS!:roflmao:

Actually, I didn't even remotely think it was anything other than what you wrote, JB. Sometimes things just don't work out.....or my ex told him all the same crap she'd spread about me years ago!;)
  5. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Don't cry Red it's okay, I should be the one crying for missing out on a ride.
  6. ultra200922

It was a good conversation, I have a couple ideas for places to ride to. I will talk to you later today. Now we just need good weather and put the miles behind us.
  7. JohnnyBiker

Yes, I think what it is that you have thought out is awesome!! Lets ride!!!:chopper:
  8. ultra200922

Johnny, my plan is to meet at Doc's Harley Davidson of Shawano which is in Bonduel WI, on HWY 29 at 9:00 am on Sat. the 6th. Then say hi and hit the roads thru the National Forests of northern WI with our wifes stopping whenever and werever we want, eat some good food and put on a few hundred miles. It's not a strict plan, just go any direction we choose and end up somewhere were you have about a 4 hour ride home on Sun. Check a map and let me know what you think.:D
  9. JohnnyBiker

Will do. Man, we will have to do a colors ride too.:cool:
  10. JohnnyBiker

I just checked out the ride to Bonduel and that looks like a neat ride as well. Yes, I do hope that the weather will cooperate as it has been fairly nice during the week but then on the weekends it just turns to shiit. I will call like on the 4th or 5th to take care of loose ends. :cool:
  11. JohnnyBiker

Well, we are just a day out before I hook up with Ultra200922 and his wife. Not really sure what the plan is but that is OK too. tomorrow I will be giving him another phone call to confirm a little bit of information, basically when we are meeting up and where. I am pretty stoked about meeting up with him and his wife. Will be a great time!
  12. JohnnyBiker

Had a short conversation with Ultra again today and we are set to meet up at Doc's HD. from there, who cares what happens, as long as we are ripping up the road! :cool:
  13. ultra200922

So my wife and I met up with Johnny and Hot Rider 2 days and over 500 miles ago. It was one of the best rides I have ever been on and got to meet 2 great people who truly just like riding. If anyone has the chance to meet up and ride with them you should and I hope to do it again sometime. Johnny might post some pictures if he isn't ashamed to say he rode with us. Here's to winding roads, good people and cold beers at the end of the day.:cheers::D
  14. JohnnyBiker

It was a privilege riding with you and your wife Ultra! The riding was PERFECT! and couldn't ask for better riding weather. Thank You for letting Hot Rider and I stay at your beautiful home as well. Yes, I sure do hope that we can ride together again and the sooner the better. :cool:

I also think that whoever gets a chance to meet and perhaps ride with Ultra200922 and his wife that they do it!! they are kind and very fun people to be around. I have met a friends for life, I am sure of it! :cool:
  15. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

It was a great time riding with you two!!! The ride was great and we had beautiful weather to ride too. The food and beers were awsome at the end of the day and the breakfast was the best! Thanks for the eggs, toast, hashbrowns, and coffee before we headed out back home ;) .It would be awesome to meet up with you guys again even if it is just a road trip in the car when it isn't riding season. :D